can a loss still be a win

nepolo7

I know we lost and this team is still a far cry from the glory days. But for some reason I was still very encouraged by this game today.

The young players look very promising. Our team never gave up and play for each other very well. We beat a ranked team except for a lineman not falling down.

I liked what I saw today. This is the type of loss we will have this year. We are a team still in a transition with a lot of new players especially younger players playing skill positions. We are moving in the right direction and it is gonna be one hell of a rider Husker fans.

6 days until the Baylor game

No transition is without it's bumps and bruises. This was a bump, but it was also a learning experience. A loss is still a loss, but it can definitely help this team grow. I am also encouraged by our performance today. This is going to be one heck of a season. I don't know what our record will be, but I think that we will play hard and not give up no matter what happens. I also predict a winning season and a bowl game (not much of a limb I'm out on there). Watch out for the Huskers next year.

I am more convinced now than after last weeks game. This team can win, this team does have an offense that can move the ball, this team does play great defense, and this team has a staff that puts together great gameplans.

GO BIG RED

Couldn't have said it any better, my friend.

No transition is without it's bumps and bruises. This was a bump, but it was also a learning experience. A loss is still a loss, but it can definitely help this team grow. I am also encouraged by our performance today. This is going to be one heck of a season. I don't know what our record will be, but I think that we will play hard and not give up no matter what happens. I also predict a winning season and a bowl game (not much of a limb I'm out on there). Watch out for the Huskers next year.

And when we get to that bowl game, we have to travel to support. A year off without my annual warm weather vacation game hurts. It's col in Nebraska

This team is beginning to remind me alot of the 2001 Trojans or the 1999 Sooners. Both teams were incrediblyt young, hung a lot of games people gave them no chance in, and essentially got zero respect all year. In 01 USC took a tough loss in manhattan to K-State, and a wierd loss to Cal and that was it. Ever since then, they have been in a BCS bowl game. OU was rebuilding that year and lost to UT, but played well after that.

We are young, we are hungry, take away Taylor's two picks and get a touchdown instead of a field goal and Tech is beaten soundly. We are close and I can't see losing again until the Big 12 championship game.

I would much rather be where Nebraska is today than where the Sooners are today as far as a program goes....We're improving while they on the otherhand are in a state of decline. I couldn't be prouder of our players yesterday. They played with a lot of heart and never quit. As one earlier post said, we "experienced growing pains" playing Tech and unfortunately came up short. But it in terms of growth, we made huge strides.

I don't believe that the TT loss will disrupt the teams upward momentum or overall confidence. In fact it should make the team stronger. They now know that

they can play with anyone,

they can come back from 21 points down and take a lead,

they can shut down a high powered offense,

they will never quit and

Callahan's WCO can control the ball and score points.

Usually it takes a win to create such positive results, but the way the team conducted itself was more important that the final score.