Palin Supporters Change History to Cover Her Gaffe

If you actually care about this sh*t, you officially have too much free f*ckin' time on your hands...

Care about what? The politicians that make the laws that govern your tax rate, interest rates on loans, whether we go to war or not, things like that? I'd say those are some pretty weighty things that you should be caring about. The decisions these people make affect your wallet every day.

As long as Palin is even hinting that she's going to run for president, she bears watching, and closely. It's foolish not to.

• Fire 1

If you actually care about this sh*t, you officially have too much free f*ckin' time on your hands...

Care about what? The politicians that make the laws that govern your tax rate, interest rates on loans, whether we go to war or not, things like that? I'd say those are some pretty weighty things that you should be caring about. The decisions these people make affect your wallet every day.

As long as Palin is even hinting that she's going to run for president, she bears watching, and closely. It's foolish not to.

Care about the fact that she tried to rewrite history.

How are we supposed to take the "leaders" of our country seriously, if they're not posting pictures of themselves like some high schooler, banging somebody other than the person they're married to, or doing something equally stupid.

And Palin running for president, just makes me sad. What does she think she's going to offer our country? Seriously? I have no faith in any of the candidates that I see running for president.

Nowadays your not voting for the candidate you think is best suited to run our country, but who's going to suck less...

How are we supposed to take the "leaders" of our country seriously, if they're not posting pictures of themselves like some high schooler, banging somebody other than the person they're married to, or doing something equally stupid.

And Palin running for president, just makes me sad. What does she think she's going to offer our country? Seriously? I have no faith in any of the candidates that I see running for president.

Nowadays your not voting for the candidate you think is best suited to run our country, but who's going to suck less...

Ah, gotcha. Sadly, we're on the same page. The page where politics, and politicians, sucks.

Ah, gotcha. Sadly, we're on the same page. The page where politics, and politicians, sucks.

Not sadly, we just come at it from different angles

I don't think Palin has any serious plans to actually run for President. She's milking her 15 minutes for everything it's worth, and then some. I don't feel there's any real reason to watch her closely, or pay any attention to her at all, because all that does is empower her.

She does make great comedic fodder, though.

You don't think she has that kind of ambition? I don't know, I do.

She has ambition, and she may, after all, attempt a run. However, she couldn't take the media scrutiny when she was a VP candidate or Governor. She has far more influence snipping from the sidelines, and can influence things more by promoting and contributing to candidates. She certainly earns far more in her current situation. She hasn't laid much of a groundwork for a run in terms of either money or organization. She and Michelle Bachman are virtually identical - they would only server to rob from each other in terms of potiential voters, and Bachman actually comported herself relatively well in the debate, raising her visibility and standing. The fact she got into it before Palin makes it difficult for Palin to argue that she's "needed" to ensure "her kind of candidate" is in the race. Finally, this "tour" smacks of an attempt test her appeal - not so much at the stops (after all, who else would go to see her but fanboys?) but in national polls. Overall, I just don't see her running - but I sure think she'd love to be named by acclimation.

• Fire 1

You don't think she has that kind of ambition? I don't know, I do.

She has ambition, but not in regards in running for president. She has no chance of even becoming the GOP primary. All of her ambition lies with being a mediawhore.

She has ambition, but not in regards in running for president. She has no chance of even becoming the GOP primary. All of her ambition lies with being a mediawhore.

Exactly. She's making big bucks with all of this. That gravy train ends when she has to get up in those debates and actually speak about the issues at hand. This is where the Palin schtick fails, and she knows it after 2008.

She's not good at that kind of thing; she's good at exactly what she's doing - the folksy "awww-shucks" kind of clips and soundbites, the homespun goodness of her Discovery Channel show and dropping rah-rah America catchphrases.

She has ambition, and she may, after all, attempt a run.

Her only ambition is attention; the narcissism is off the charts compared to every other person who has even casually been mentioned as a possible candidate. I thought she might run as a last ditch effort to stay relevant, but after the bus tour stunt (which she quit today) that's obviously not going to happen. Seems her goal now is to lay low until the Iowa caucus frenzy begins, then be an active participant in the electoral suicide pact leading candidates are forced into.

She was still doing the bus tour? I haven't seen coverage of it for a while, so I figured it ended like last week sometime.

She's going to have some well-crafted reason not to run, and not to be someone's veep, and once the actual nominee is named she'll go back to commenting from the sidelines. She'll get back onto Fox in some consultant capacity or something.

The primary goal for her next few steps will be to position herself as a voice to which her supporters need to keep listening, but who just, for whatever reason, cannot run for the presidency. That way she saves credibility (with her supporters, don't bother correcting me) and keeps their ears.

Regardless, I don't see her fame lasting much beyond whatever deal she works following the next election. Her looks will fade as she ages (she's 47), and once she loses curb appeal and has to rely solely on the substance of her statements, it's over.

Wouldn't be the first time that the History books were wrong.

. . . are you hinting that Palin was correct?

I don't believe she is...But Prove her wrong.

:facepalm:

Plus 1 ???

4065970_f520.jpg

(Facepalm: for when you're too tired to try to come up with an argument that might be plausable)

Palin Apologists: if you are one, there is a good chance that you are as ignorant as she is.

Not to mention that I'm sick and tired of your "gotcha questions" CornHOLIO.

Sorry if I offended you or your political objectives, I usually just post things that make me laugh.

I may be almost as stupid as this Palin chick, but History shows we never really held a low IQ against a politian. Which makes me worry a little (That she may actually be electable).

But really, I'm pretty much gullible enough to believe almost anything that's written in a History book.

Wouldn't be the first time that the History books were wrong.

It's not the history books that are wrong, you know. It's Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's romantic portrayal that doesn't match up totally to historic record, as most glorified retellings of events do.

Palin is unequivocally incorrect in her own fanciful portrayal of Paul Revere's tale.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110605/ap_on_el_ge/us_palin

I haven't really paid that much attention to my new neighbor, but I'm surprised more hasn't been mentioned about her blatant attempt to slant History to promote gun ownership? Or to fight against gun control.

(Not that I think guns should be banned...But my Ex seems to have overcome one of her fears and found a new hobby that could hurt me).

Sorry if I offended you or your political objectives, I usually just post things that make me laugh.

I may be almost as stupid as this Palin chick, but History shows we never really held a low IQ against a politian. Which makes me worry a little (That she may actually be electable).

But really, I'm pretty much gullible enough to believe almost anything that's written in a History book.

I don't really have any political objectives. Political beliefs, yes. Objectives, no.

I read one history book. Anything to the contrary is wrong. Of course.