Big Ten Top Linebackers of the 2000's

Just trying to make a point, calm down. HAPPY FATHERS DAY EVERYONE.

The funny thing is, I came into this thread with the exact same viewpoint as you. For some reason your post struck me as intentionally antagonizing, which is the overall feel I've gotten from many of your posts. Somehow, you (temporarily) talked me out of my opinion by arguing for what I initially believed. (Namely, we didn't play in the Big 10 during that decade. Honorable mention, ok. But our guys probably shouldn't be on the actual list. Although it is appreciated, and it is a nice gesture from our new conference.)

This opinion from badger79

It also strikes me as odd that a Nebraska player was on this list, like when Jack Ham was named a Big Ten Icon (there were other old school PSU players on that list too). What? Jack Ham never played a down of Big Ten football.

There will be many years to come for Nebraska players to make their mark in the B1G. To pretend the Huskers have been retroactively playing in the conference is just weird and ignores Nebraska's and the Big Ten's ACTUAL history.

is just more palatable (and more to the point, less antagonizing) than the tone you set in your first post on this thread.

Don't misunderstand, you weren't way over the line or anything. Not even close. But there was a tinge of needling there. (As there has been in many of your posts.) There is just something a touch Jerkstore about going to another team's message board and saying something to the effect of, "This is complete BS. None of your guys deserve to be anywhere near that list and furthermore, it's an affront and an insult to every other team in the conference." Well, take it easy buddy! Nobody here had anything to do with compiling that list, after all. One last (minor) quibble: Every time I see one of your posts I think, "Pretty presumptuous for an Iowa fan to come to our site with a name that implies they speak for the entire conference."

All of that said, you do have good points. I'm glad you're on the board, and I appreciate what you bring here. Just try to tamp down the instigation factor, please? And Happy Father's Day bro ;)

bigg10 I agree with you, but don't ever compare Pat Angerer to Ndamukong Suh.

Just trying to make a point, calm down. I stand by my first post, honorable mention ALL FOR IT. As for the poster saying he was not good, how many players go 2nd round with two years play time? He didnt go to some back woods team either. The pros saw it, I saw it I know lots of Hawk fans saw it and I know lots of O's saw it.:) If I was putting together a team of past and present, he would be on it. Suh would be on it, just about any starter off last years Wisky O line as well. But I digress, I like the "good stories" battle back from injury, earn your spot and excell at it that much. Oh well, it's fathers day so I am going to limit my "football" talk today. HAPPY FATHERS DAY EVERYONE.

I will not calm down. And happy fathers day to you too good sir.

Where were these arguments when the Big 10 mentioned T.O. as one of the great coaches of the Big 10 earlier last month I believe. I would have raised more of a stink on that then this one since it has been more then a decade and know he will never see the big 10 as a coach.

Just trying to make a point, calm down. HAPPY FATHERS DAY EVERYONE.

The funny thing is, I came into this thread with the exact same viewpoint as you. For some reason your post struck me as intentionally antagonizing, which is the overall feel I've gotten from many of your posts. Somehow, you (temporarily) talked me out of my opinion by arguing for what I initially believed. (Namely, we didn't play in the Big 10 during that decade. Honorable mention, ok. But our guys probably shouldn't be on the actual list. Although it is appreciated, and it is a nice gesture from our new conference.)

This opinion from badger79

It also strikes me as odd that a Nebraska player was on this list, like when Jack Ham was named a Big Ten Icon (there were other old school PSU players on that list too). What? Jack Ham never played a down of Big Ten football.

There will be many years to come for Nebraska players to make their mark in the B1G. To pretend the Huskers have been retroactively playing in the conference is just weird and ignores Nebraska's and the Big Ten's ACTUAL history.

is just more palatable (and more to the point, less antagonizing) than the tone you set in your first post on this thread.

Don't misunderstand, you weren't way over the line or anything. Not even close. But there was a tinge of needling there. (As there has been in many of your posts.) There is just something a touch Jerkstore about going to another team's message board and saying something to the effect of, "This is complete BS. None of your guys deserve to be anywhere near that list and furthermore, it's an affront and an insult to every other team in the conference." Well, take it easy buddy! Nobody here had anything to do with compiling that list, after all. One last (minor) quibble: Every time I see one of your posts I think, "Pretty presumptuous for an Iowa fan to come to our site with a name that implies they speak for the entire conference."

All of that said, you do have good points. I'm glad you're on the board, and I appreciate what you bring here. Just try to tamp down the instigation factor, please? And Happy Father's Day bro ;)

A good presentation of your thoughts Nebula, a very good polite manner. :corndance

Where were these arguments when the Big 10 mentioned T.O. as one of the great coaches of the Big 10 earlier last month I believe. I would have raised more of a stink on that then this one since it has been more then a decade and know he will never see the big 10 as a coach.

I made that argument.

There is nothing "wrong" with including players that never played in the B1G, nor is it disrespecting anyone else. I'm sure that the B1G is going to love to include the Nation Championships and Heismans that we bring to the table. The Network has to include it for obvious reasons (stated above), but they could solve the problem/argument completely with an asterisk. Nebraska is kind of in no-mans-land right now as far as a conference home is concerned. I'm just glad that the B1G is including us. I can assure you that if a B1G player was truly upset over missing this list, Ruud would have no issues with giving his spot up. This is strictly a "fan conflict" with no real good answer to choose from.

There is nothing "wrong" with including players that never played in the B1G, nor is it disrespecting anyone else. I'm sure that the B1G is going to love to include the Nation Championships and Heismans that we bring to the table. The Network has to include it for obvious reasons (stated above), but they could solve the problem/argument completely with an asterisk. Nebraska is kind of in no-mans-land right now as far as a conference home is concerned. I'm just glad that the B1G is including us. I can assure you that if a B1G player was truly upset over missing this list, Ruud would have no issues with giving his spot up. This is strictly a "fan conflict" with no real good answer to choose from.

I agree on what you say that this is the conflict between fan bases. It was nice for the B1G to include the Huskers players and our history coming into this conference. I like the rational thinking you have. later.

I agree with those who have said this isn't really a big deal. It's just kind of eyebrow-raising. I suppose it's something to talk about over the long boring summer!

Basically yeah it's complete nonsense that TO is a Big Ten Icon, but pretty cool the Big Ten would do something so nonsensical just to go out of their way to welcome us.

Sometimes it does seem like the Big Ten is bending over backward to make Nebraska feel welcome, so as not to repeat the mistakes they made when Penn State joined. That transition wasn't handled quite so well; there was a lot of resentment from some of the schools, the athletic directors and fans, and nothing was really done to soothe that resentment.