FS/RB Corey Young

There is a correction to the post i mentioned above. Bill Callahan wasn't able to visit Corey last night because Corey was not available to meet up with, but did make the rounds to D.J Jones and Ricky Henry. However Scott Downing did talk to Corey last night and that's where the info regarding some negative recruiting came from. A certain recruiter is coming to see Corey on Wed, and Downing and Callahan will stop by that night afterwards to get to the bottom of these negative tactics.

• 2 weeks later...

hello, where is everybody? was I the only one invited to the c young committment party?

good news is he is the 17th committment, & 4th nebraskan, & the 1st mill north guy in a while, but the bad news is he is going to have knee surgery, soon.

goodbye, hootin' (turn out the lights the party is over)

I gotcha man....that makes 4 in state guys, that should quiet the natives for a little while. The knee surgery scares me a bit. He had problems his junior year, which did not allow him to play. I think it's almost a given he'll play safety, how many more shots can he take below the waist, at least at DB he'll be delivering them.

Hey it doesn't happen often, but I love when I'm right...

Oct. 10 - 10:29am

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 65% A kid from Nebraska with an offer from his home state school is always a lean for the Huskers and this kid is no different.  I expect his recruitment to be similar to Zack Potter’s.  I think he may check out a school or two and then give the nod to the University of Nebraska.

:restore2

hello, where is everybody?  was I the only one invited to the c young committment party?

good news is he is the 17th committment, & 4th nebraskan, & the 1st mill north guy in a while, but the bad news is he is going to have knee surgery, soon.

I gotcha man....that makes 4 in state guys, that should quiet the natives for a little while. The knee surgery scares me a bit. He had problems his junior year, which did not allow him to play. I think it's almost a given he'll play safety, how many more shots can he take below the waist, at least at DB he'll be delivering them.

It IS always a concern when a guy starts out with knee surgery. But the last MN kid to start out his Husker career with redshirt kneee surgery won the Heisman trophy. FWIW...

:)

-GBR!

hello, where is everybody?  was I the only one invited to the c young committment party?

It IS always a concern when a guy starts out with knee surgery. But the last MN kid to start out his Husker career with redshirt kneee surgery won the Heisman trophy. FWIW...

:)

-GBR!

:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2 Sweet

Hey it doesn't happen often, but I love when I'm right...

Oct. 10 - 10:29am

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 65% A kid from Nebraska with an offer from his home state school is always a lean for the Huskers and this kid is no different.  I expect his recruitment to be similar to Zack Potter’s.  I think he may check out a school or two and then give the nod to the University of Nebraska.

:restore2

nod.gif

Corey is going to commit to Iowa once they offer.

Really??

Yeah really..watch what happens when Iowa offers (and they will from the sounds of it). Chances of decommitting are fairly high. In my opinion, this verbal he gave us wont stick. I hope i am wrong, but i don't believe i am. But i am sure you will find a way to rip Callahan if Corey decommits right?

Really??

Yeah really..watch what happens when Iowa offers (and they will from the sounds of it). Chances of decommitting are fairly high. In my opinion, this verbal he gave us wont stick. I hope i am wrong, but i don't believe i am.

He is third on Iowa's list. Nebraska has been after him for awhile. I know I'm no recruiting guru but the article on www.omaha.com sounds like he is solid.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=38&u_s...5&u_rnd=2604706

Really??

Yeah really..watch what happens when Iowa offers (and they will from the sounds of it). Chances of decommitting are fairly high. In my opinion, this verbal he gave us wont stick. I hope i am wrong, but i don't believe i am. But i am sure you will find a way to rip Callahan if Corey decommits right?

I believe there is a chance of a decommit. slight :thumbs

Really??

Yeah really..watch what happens when Iowa offers (and they will from the sounds of it). Chances of decommitting are fairly high. In my opinion, this verbal he gave us wont stick. I hope i am wrong, but i don't believe i am.

He is third on Iowa's list. Nebraska has been after him for awhile. I know I'm no recruiting guru but the article on www.omaha.com sounds like he is solid.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=38&u_s...5&u_rnd=2604706

And that's why i say the chances of a decommit are high. If Iowa doesn't get the guys it wants, who do you think they are going to go after. Corey and Iowa commit Jeff Terpinan are close.