2012 Presidential Campaign - Obama vs. Romney

Independents are to blame for what? For not supporting one party over the other dogmatically? For not filling Republican or Democrat coffers with money? For being far more likely to vote for those tertiary other parties than the zombies who vote for whichever guy has an ( R ) or a ( D ) next to their name?

Get off your high horse. Independents today aren't to blame for America's two-party system. The only reason those tertiary parties exist is because of Independents. Go sell that line to someone else.

Yes you are to blame when you don't vote for the person you really believe in and thinks that the best. I won't tell someone how to vote but just because Democrats and Republicans are the majority doesn't mean another party can't become just as big. Quit making excuses. Fact is Independents aren't as big as you think they are. Sure they might not be registered but that doesn't mean they don't support a party.

Independents are to blame for what? For not supporting one party over the other dogmatically? For not filling Republican or Democrat coffers with money? For being far more likely to vote for those tertiary other parties than the zombies who vote for whichever guy has an ( R ) or a ( D ) next to their name?

Get off your high horse. Independents today aren't to blame for America's two-party system. The only reason those tertiary parties exist is because of Independents. Go sell that line to someone else.

Yes you are to blame when you don't vote for the person you really believe in and thinks that the best. I won't tell someone how to vote but just because Democrats and Republicans are the majority doesn't mean another party can't become just as big. Quit making excuses. Fact is Independents aren't as big as you think they are. Sure they might not be registered but that doesn't mean they don't support a party.

What are you even talking about? Who says I can't find a candidate that best fits my personal beliefs among those proffered? Where do you get the impression that there's some "perfect candidate" out there that I could vote for if I only dug hard enough? News flash - NOBODY exactly fits my ideal of a perfect candidate. Because I vote for the person who most fits my requirements, be they Republican or Democrat, that's not a problem. That's called my right as a U.S. citizen to vote for whom I choose.

I support neither party. Your continued efforts to paint me as a supporter of either is silly. Simply casting a vote for a person does not support a party. And it's a far better position to be in than to mindlessly check the box next to the party you arbitrarily support.

What are you even talking about? Who says I can't find a candidate that best fits my personal beliefs among those proffered? Where do you get the impression that there's some "perfect candidate" out there that I could vote for if I only dug hard enough? News flash - NOBODY exactly fits my ideal of a perfect candidate. Because I vote for the person who most fits my requirements, be they Republican or Democrat, that's not a problem. That's called my right as a U.S. citizen to vote for whom I choose.

I support neither party. Your continued efforts to paint me as a supporter of either is silly. Simply casting a vote for a person does not support a party. And it's a far better position to be in than to mindlessly check the box next to the party you arbitrarily support.

I never painted you to support either party. A person does support a party when they vote. The person running has some beliefs of the parties core. Thus when you vote for Obama you are supporting the Democrats. So when Obama shoves down Federal health care you support it or don't care enough about it.

So when Obama shoves down Federal health care you support it or don't care enough about it.

Shoves down as in voted in by a majority of our elected representatives? That's how a representative government works, right?

Maybe but then that's why we have the Supreme Court to overrule bs and check if it's constitutional.

So when Obama shoves down Federal health care you support it or don't care enough about it.

Shoves down as in voted in by a majority of our elected representatives? That's how a representative government works, right?

Maybe but then that's why we have the Supreme Court to overrule bs and check if it's constitutional.

No arguments there. Other than I don't think it's their job to overrule "bs." Overruling unconstitutional laws, sure.

As long as we can agree that it wasn't "rammed down our throats" or "shoved down" or whatever the crazies are calling it these days. :thumbs

I never painted you to support either party. A person does support a party when they vote. The person running has some beliefs of the parties core. Thus when you vote for Obama you are supporting the Democrats. So when Obama shoves down Federal health care you support it or don't care enough about it.

And when I vote for Republican candidates, that's OK, right? Because I vote for both, regardless of party affiliation. It's only not OK when I vote for Obama, is that what you're getting at?

No arguments there. Other than I don't think it's their job to overrule "bs." Overruling unconstitutional laws, sure.

As long as we can agree that it wasn't "rammed down our throats" or "shoved down" or whatever the crazies are calling it these days. :thumbs

forcing people to buy a certain healthcare is bs. Nowhere in history has the Supreme Court ever said people have to buy certain stuff.

And when I vote for Republican candidates, that's OK, right? Because I vote for both, regardless of party affiliation. It's only not OK when I vote for Obama, is that what you're getting at?

No i never said it wasn't ok to vote for Obama. When you vote for Obama that means you are ok with what he believes at the core which is going to be Democrat values.

When you vote for Obama that means you are ok with what he believes at the core which is going to be Democrat values.

No. It means he's the least bad of two bad options. Same as when I voted for Bush over Gore. In fact, I've voted Republican in four of the last six presidential elections.

When you vote for Obama that means you are ok with what he believes at the core which is going to be Democrat values.

No. It means he's the least bad of two bad options.

So let me get this straight. You vote for the lesser of two evils instead of voting for a 3rd party candidate that might be more in line with your values? Like i said you only have yourself to blame for the lack of 3rd parties in this country.

No. It means he's the least bad of two bad options. Same as when I voted for Bush over Gore. In fact, I've voted Republican in four of the last six presidential elections.

Do you regret that vote? With the benefit of hindsight and maturity . . . I certainly do.

Things always look better with hindsight and after the fact.