2012 Presidential Campaign - Obama vs. Romney

Sorry to jump in on the 'were Americans more informed back then' discussion, but it's an interesting one.

I think people worry too much about politics in our current culture, and a lot of this is fed by our extremely polarized and mostly useless media. People think in hysterics because most information is portrayed to us with a tone of hysteria. Why do you think every single damned election in the last fifty years has unequivocally been dubbed "the most important of our lifetimes," including this one. The fact is this isn't the most important election of our lifetimes, and it's probably not even close. Our nation has survived a revolutionary war, slavery, a civil war, a Great Depression (which makes our current problems seem cute by comparison), two world wars, womens lib, civil rights, and countless economic setbacks, bumps, bad breaks, and long days.

I think at times we lack perspective. Most people forget that Rod Serling was cracking jokes about the national debt in the original Twilight Zone.

America is still the dominate world power and by a mile. We are still living in the very best moment in history. If there were any other time I could choose to live, it would be ten years from now, when things are going to be even better. We've got problems, sure, but then so did every other generation of Americans, and every other generation of world citizens, since our distant ancestors decided to flee Africa due to a climate crisis.

Whether Obama gets reelected or Romney wins, time marches on, and so does progress. It's pretty well unstoppable at this point, provided nobody does anything stupid like ignite a global nuclear war.

This seems a little incoherent, but whatever. Anyone cleaning out their pants over what's going to happen this November, deep breaths. We're good.

Word.

Show me where I put some temporal connection to the knowledge of Americans, please.

When you cannot do that, it should show you that this is something you dreamed up, not something I ever asserted. You can stop this nonsense any time.

Do you know what seem means? obviously you don't.

I simply asked you what your basis for making that statement was. I'll take it from your answer that you cannot show why it SEEMS that I said that. Especially when I clearly did not.

My basis is that you seem that nobody worth a damn runs anymore for President and that somehow candidates were much better back then.

Show me where I put some temporal connection to the knowledge of Americans, please.

When you cannot do that, it should show you that this is something you dreamed up, not something I ever asserted. You can stop this nonsense any time.

I simply asked you what your basis for making that statement was. I'll take it from your answer that you cannot show why it SEEMS that I said that. Especially when I clearly did not.

My basis is that you seem that nobody worth a damn runs anymore for President and that somehow candidates were much better back then.

Because it seems like they were.

Because it seems like they were.

but the trick is they weren't. The main difference is America was still evolving as a superpower so education, manufacturing, scientific discovery, and other stuff we no longer care about but mattered back then. We also had the cold war threat that kept all those things alive cause we were afraid of the russians gaining the upper hand on us.

Quote my post that leads you to believe this.

quit sidestepping the answer.

Follow your own advice: You've been asked for proof. Show the proof or accept the fact that you're living in fantasyland.

It's always something that prevents people from explaining the bs huh? People who bring forth new ideas don't always have sources cause it's new and it's controversial to too many and they don't want to believe it.

Hypocrite much?

Quote my post that leads you to believe this.

quit sidestepping the answer.

Follow your own advice: You've been asked for proof. Show the proof or accept the fact that you're living in fantasyland.

It's always something that prevents people from explaining the bs huh? People who bring forth new ideas don't always have sources cause it's new and it's controversial to too many and they don't want to believe it.

Hypocrite much?

I never acted like the people who are running for President that somebody wasn't qualified at least one person.

I never acted like the people who are running for President that somebody wasn't qualified at least one person.

:blink:

i'm waiting

Listen, this little pissing match you've started is probably really entertaining for you. I have no idea what you're on about, and frankly, you're getting pretty boring. You post nonsense, and I'm just not that interested in talking to you about it. I've humored you long enough. Either make a point or we're done.

i'm waiting

Listen, this little pissing match you've started is probably really entertaining for you. I have no idea what you're on about, and frankly, you're getting pretty boring. You post nonsense, and I'm just not that interested in talking to you about it. I've humored you long enough. Either make a point or we're done.

LOL. listen just because you want to skip around an answer doesn't mean i am posting nonsense. You are one of the people that just ask one question and then answering with a question and never really answering. You and carlfense both do this. I made my point i am waiting for your answer.

i'm waiting

LOL. listen just because you want to skip around an answer doesn't mean i am posting nonsense. You are one of the people that just ask one question and then answering with a question and never really answering. You and carlfense both do this. I made my point i am waiting for your answer.

shroomy.gif

What was your question? And what is the answer that you expect?

I'm serious. I can't understand what you are trying to say. Sloooow dooown.