‎100 greatest Rock Drum Performances

Any list of great drum performances that does not include Ron Bushey of Iron Butterfly for his solo in "In-A-Godda-Da-Vida" is totally bogus.

T_O_B

:bonesflag:

That one was probably the 2nd one my brother taught me to play in 5th grade..almost as easy as Ringo's stuff...But it WAS fun to play along with back then.

Edit: On playing it, I'm reminded how tired my little arms got..It was like a marathon.

I'm a pretty big Tool fan but I'd never heard #1 before.

What?!?! Great song off of one of the greatest Tool albums. Danny is the man! My personal favorite rock drummer with what I think is arguably the best band ever.

Blaze1up-

Tommy Lee? I remember seeing that show when he went to Nebraska. What a joke. The NU drum line could out play him any day. He's a showmanship more than a musician.

I guess "fan" was a bad wourd to use..They're one of my top 5 current favourite bands, but I don't have much of their library yet..Maynard is an aquired taste for the local Jocks to interview.

Great Thread!!!

Man, I LOVE TOOL, I miss them, they need to drop a new CD sometime this decade! Besides the tracks you listed, Lateralus and Jambi are great drum tunes.

Love me some Joey Jordison as well. His downfall is being in a band with two other percussionists in it.That dude can play anything, anytime! Did you see him with Metallica?

My Favorite drum performances would be

Failed Creation - Devine Heresy (Tim Yeung)

This Calling - All That Remains (Jason Costa)

Black Label and Set to Fail - Lamb Of God (Chris Adler, LOVE this dude!)

Rust in Peace... Polaris - Megadeth (Nick Menza)

Dig - Mudvayne (Matthew McDonough, sPaG!!!!)

Primal Concrete Sledge, Suicide Note Part 2, - Pantera (Vinnie Paul)

Dead Embryonic Cells - Sepultura (Igor Cavalera, hellz YEA!) Even though the best part is the slow guitar grind solo!

Unleash - Soulfly (Joe Nunez) Love them tribal drums Soulfly is known for.

Skewered From Ear to Eye - Cannibal Corpse (Paul Mazurkiewicz)

• Fire 1

I was a little suprised Keith Moon (Who), and Stewart Copeland (Police) got so many mentions...I liked the songs and the drum parts were fun to play along with..But nothing seemed all that extrordinary about the performances.

I grew up having my dad play Dave Brubeck, Max Roach, and Buddy Rich, and most of my life John Bonham and Neil Peart were my favs..Nice to see them represented..But my latest fav. (Joey Jordison/Slipknot) not even mentioned.

:woo Winner! Should be number one.

Joey saving Metallica in 2004 was the shiz nit!

Great Thread!!!

Man, I LOVE TOOL, I miss them, they need to drop a new CD sometime this decade! Besides the tracks you listed, Lateralus and Jambi are great drum tunes.

Love me some Joey Jordison as well. His downfall is being in a band with two other percussionists in it.That dude can play anything, anytime! Did you see him with Metallica?

My Favorite drum performances would be

Failed Creation - Devine Heresy (Tim Yeung)

This Calling - All That Remains (Jason Costa)

Black Label and Set to Fail - Lamb Of God (Chris Adler, LOVE this dude!)

Rust in Peace... Polaris - Megadeth (Nick Menza)

Dig - Mudvayne (Matthew McDonough, sPaG!!!!)

Primal Concrete Sledge, Suicide Note Part 2, - Pantera (Vinnie Paul)

Dead Embryonic Cells - Sepultura (Igor Cavalera, hellz YEA!) Even though the best part is the slow guitar grind solo!

Unleash - Soulfly (Joe Nunez) Love them tribal drums Soulfly is known for.

Skewered From Ear to Eye - Cannibal Corpse (Paul Mazurkiewicz)

Thanks for the list!!

Even being an old fart, I still like to listen to stuff I haven't heard before..As long as it isn't too "Rappy" or "Poppy".

I don't know whether or not to show my Son this one..He's starting to get interested in playing again, but he hates everything Jason Beiber.err... Justin Bieber.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG2tc6Xh_Dg&feature=related

I'm a big Jon Theodore fanboy, the drumming he did for The Mars Volta was phenomenal, imo

Also a big fan of Bill Bruford's work with King Crimson, especially off Red. One More Red Nightmare has some very nice drumming in it

Ticks and Leeches seems like an odd choice for #1. I like Danny Carey, and I think I'd probably put something like The Grudge above it (especially near the end, youtube some vids of him playing it), but even then I'm not so sure I'd say it's the best ever.

I agree that Dave Grohl needs some lovin'. As far as straight up rock drummers go, I'd say he's one of the best.

# 6 was my first exposure to Fussion, still in high school and was blown away.

Didn't know this type of music was being played at the time.

Michael Giles pretty much plays a solo the entire track.

Headphone music for sure, to hear his tempo changes.

The entire album, for me, is a classic.