Non Conference Big 12 games at Arrowhead?

Non-conference games against Big 12 teams played at Arrowhead  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i would be for OU kansas okie lite mizzou ksu. but i really wouldnt like it if it took away from a home game for non con. if it was our only "road" game i would be 100% for it. it would be really sweet to have an annual series that would include one of theses teams. ideally it would be great to play OU there every year. but i would also miss these games at home and away as well. so im 60/40 for

I wouldn't mind having a game in Arrowhead, just like the old days, maybe even bring a throwback uniform like what we did on our 300th sellout. But i can understand how some folks wouldn't like it if it takes away from a home game. Though i don't think the opposite would agree that the game either has to be played in Lincoln or Arrowhead. lmao

After being on the receiving end of repeated 11-1 votes, it would seem like not being able to make a clean break from an abusive relationship. I'd walk away and let those schools wallow in their soiled nests. Maybe we could pay a little lip service by saying "Maybe we'll play down the road........sometime....." but never really be serious. We've got too many cool things ahead of us to want to keep diddling an abusive ex. After a few years in the Big Ten, there won't be quite as much interest in looking back.

• Fire 1

I think it is a creative solution for 2 possible scheduling issues.

1) Most BCS teams require home&home so that limits your pool, but if they have a 1 year opening and you have one. It just makes sense to arrange something at a neutral site. Arrowhead is the closest neutral site not affiliated with a college team. Split the gate and costs.

2) You could also play a non-bcs team there that has a tiny stadium. They would get to be home team and keep most of the gate, but we would still earn some gate, but even giving up most of the gate you still would earn more at Arrowhead than playing at BSU, Troy or whoever it may be.

I'd like playing Kansas, K-state, Missouri, or Oklahoma at Arrowhead. Any other team would either not be fun or would just not make sense.

I have agree with this. Any old teams from the original Big Eight would be welcomed to play at Arrowhead. Any schools from Texas, and forget about it.

I doubt OU would do this. They already have FL State every year as a non-conference game. Don't see them wanting two tough teams out of their conference.

Well, sure I agree. But I didn't make the post based off what I thought OU would do. Heck, I'm sure our Huskers wouldn't want to do it. My perspective was that that rivalry should never end ... and it holds today ... regardless of how many titles it cost us.

i would be for OU kansas okie lite mizzou ksu. but i really wouldnt like it if it took away from a home game for non con. if it was our only "road" game i would be 100% for it. it would be really sweet to have an annual series that would include one of theses teams. ideally it would be great to play OU there every year. but i would also miss these games at home and away as well. so im 60/40 for

:lol:

You guys KILL me. All due respect, and frankly, you're probably in the right and I'm in the wrong, but TO HELL WITH OKLAHOMA.

Our only real rival over the last 16 years was Missouri, and if there is one team I'd wanna keep playing, it's them. I seriously do not care about Oklahoma. I've said it before so I'm just repeating myself here, but it is very clear that Oklahoma valued Texas WAY more than us. They turned their backs on us. Why do we keep throwing rose petals at their feet considering the way they abandoned us for their seat next to the Longhorn throne?

Oklahoma love makes me sick. @#$% Oklahoma. I hope they lose every game next year. Even the one to Texas. (Alright, maybe that one went a little far.)

I think this is a GREAT idea. I could see teams like Mizzou, KU and Iowa St playing us. Maybe even aTm, OU or Okie Lite. No way UT would ever do something like this. But I would like to play the Whorns again someday. I would like to play them a lot.