Have you ever heard somebody say this?

I wonder how many of you guys denouncing the fans as "arrogant" and "elitist" were around in the 80s and early 90s and went through that era. I have a hard time believing that many people who were old enough to remember the feeling at that time would actually think our fanbase is arrogant.

I'm sure there are the occasional few people out there who truly are embarrassingly arrogant, but that is the exception, not the rule.

I think they listened to one too many bandwagon Mizzou fans...I prefer Bobby Bowden's version better:

On Oct. 8, 1980, Head Coach Bobby Bowden wrote the following letter on Florida State stationary and sent it to Nebraska after his Seminoles beat the Huskers, 18-14 in Lincoln: "I have been coaching college football the past 28 years and have played before some great crowds in this country. I have never seen people with more class than I saw at Nebraska last week. The Nebraska fans, players, cheerleaders, band, officials, coaches, etc., gave me a living testimony of what college football should be all about. I actually had the feeling that when we upset the Nebraska team that instead of hate and spite, the Nebraska fans thanked us for coming to Lincoln and putting on a good show. This is nearly unheard of in today's society. Nebraska, you are a great example for Americans to copy. I hope we show half the class your people do."