Would Abdul Muhammad make all time top ten WR at NU?

I'm sorry, but the 2006 team was not in the same universe as the 1999 team.

The way the season ended, how the offense sputtered, the mental lapse at Oklahoma State, and who was coaching the team, you would be correct.

I'm talking about just the talent on the team itself. Not the results. Just what we had available on the roster, if coached right, the team could have been great.

Key phrases: Coached right and available talent.

The offense had weapons and the defense was decent to strong at times, but the team itself was so inconsistent. They failed *mostly* because of poor leadership and bad coaching from the top.

I probably went a little far comparing them to the 1999 team, at least in terms of results that's very true, but there was a lot of talent that was under-utilized in my opinion on the 2006 team. That's all I'm saying.

Was Muhammad the one who was our best kick returner and punt blocker that year? Not a good combination, by the way.

My memory is probably just hazy, but I don't remember him for either of those things. I remember Barron Miles blocking an insane amount of punts. I've been meaning to post this somewhere, but... I really miss punt blocks. Now every team in the country has 3 people standing in front of the punter to stop it. Why didn't someone think of that 30 years earlier?

Was Muhammad the one who was our best kick returner and punt blocker that year? Not a good combination, by the way.

My memory is probably just hazy, but I don't remember him for either of those things. I remember Barron Miles blocking an insane amount of punts. I've been meaning to post this somewhere, but... I really miss punt blocks. Now every team in the country has 3 people standing in front of the punter to stop it. Why didn't someone think of that 30 years earlier?

This. Miles was our best PR, but since he was so good at blocking kicks, we rarely used him at that position.

I would think that Newcombe and Davison would have to be in the top 10 somewhere. And what, not much love for Corey Dixon (he played great in the 94 OB), Tyrone Hughes, or Dana Brinson? Jon Bostick had great hands, and was a good position receiver.

Didn't see a reply to this. best punt blocker that year- and IMO ever at Nebraska- was Barron Miles. and the guy continued to be a great punt blocker even late in his career in the CFL.

Didn't see a reply to this. best punt blocker that year- and IMO ever at Nebraska- was Barron Miles. and the guy continued to be a great punt blocker even late in his career in the CFL.

here's one from 2007

here's one from 2007

... that's not our Barron Miles...

here's one from 2007

Yes it is

miles-barron100201.jpg

They're...both named Barron Miles, both played for an orange team, and are both #9. I think I'd have to interview him to get more evidence. Maybe you were being sarcastic and I just didn't get it.

here's one from 2007

Yes it is

miles-barron100201.jpg

They're...both named Barron Miles, both played for an orange team, and are both #9. I think I'd have to interview him to get more evidence. Maybe you were being sarcastic and I just didn't get it.

Ooooh, my bad. I thought that was oklahoma state. didn't realize it was CFL.

Here's one from his Nebraska days - start at 11:07

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK1BDK8KDeE#t=11m8s