Volleyball Sellout Streak Continues

It took less than 30 minutes to ensure that the Nebraska volleyball team's sellout streak at the NU Coliseum will continue for another year.

The Huskers have sold out 149 straight matches at the Coliseum, and on Tuesday morning all remaining single-match tickets sold out, the school's athletic ticket office announced.

A total of 4,850 tickets were sold, including those for the annual Red-White intrasquad scrimmage on Aug. 20. Tickets for that match are still available at $10 for reserved seats and $8 for general admission.

Some fans started camping out at the ticket office on Sunday night in hopes of nabbing tickets. Still, some of the fans that waited in line for several hours did not get the tickets they'd hoped for because of fans also ordering online and by phone.

Seniors Brigette Root and Jordan Wilberger thanked the fans for their support by bringing them doughnuts early Tuesday morning.

LINK

Had I known there would be donuts, I'd have gone to the ticket office.

I believe we're second to Hawaii. They have a large lead on us, both in sellouts and overall attendance. I believe we're a solid #2 in attendance annually.

EDIT - yep, Hawaii has led the nation in attendance each of the last 14 years, which is as long as the NCAA has been keeping stats. We have been #2 eleven of the past 12 years, with Wiscy taking the #2 spot in 2003, when we were #3, 55 people per game behind.

• 7 years later...