Fall Camp Storylines are a Freaking JOKE

This is the worst part of the year. Anticipation is at a fever pitch, yet there is no quench for it. I almost have to purposely ignore the coverage because I know I'll learn very little that I don't already know about the team, and anything I read or watch just leaves me wanting more. So I watch from afar. OP is dead-on, there are very few storylines from camp, especially from what Bo lets out to the press.

It will be a good year. Bo comes from here, and as I have said you all are more than welcome. If you had brought one of those SEC coaches with you, you would have had an even bigger target on your back. I hope when we meet up it a good game. Everybody healthy and ready to play. I might not get tickets to it but be sure I'll be in town (family).

I am a Husker fan. I also write sports for a newspaper.

And, with that in mind.

I HATE FALL CAMP.

Reporters ask lame questions, repetitive questions and more questions just to be asking questions. There is no news. A ton of coach speak and, when reporters get particularly annoying with their queries, there is the cold dead stare of a coach, followed by a no comment or a shake of the head.

Face it. There is NO NEWS.

Fine, open up the start of some practices or photos and videos, but that should be it.

Let NU's sport information guys put out the injury reports. They won't matter until game week anyway. And shut it with the feature angles. Leave the players alone so they can focus and prepare for the coming season. Leave the coaches alone for the same reason.

In my view, there should be a camp opening press conference....then radio silence until the Monday of game week.

By game week, there would be news. We would know where guys like Starling were playing. We would have a more definite depth chart. Coaches would talk more openly about the progress of players. The features wouldn't be as forced.

We wouldn't have reporters tweeting about injuries before the families of the players involved knew their kid was injured. We wouldn't have reporters asking lame and forced questions because they have to in order to file a story for a non-eventful Tuesday practice.

I agree.

I agree also..... people are all giddy about seeing the lateral option in the 2 minutes of practice video they see. Well uhhh didnt we see the samething last year in fall camp and how many did we actually run it in game??? thinking.... thinking, nothing comes to mind.

I don't remember seeing the lateral option in practice videos at all last year.

The first six seconds of the first practice video last year was an option.

Nebraska football fans want constant coverage of the Huskers even when there is nothing new to report. Regardless of what news is or isn't out there, Nebraska fans are constantly checking message boards, articles and whatever other form of media available in order to find Husker news. This message board is the perfect example.

That said, I completely agree with you in the sense that reporters often ask lame questions that end up being repetitive and useless. This coaching staff is notorious for not giving out a lot of information, however, so many people have wizened up to the fact that some questions are not going to garner a response, so why ask them?

Furthermore, as a sports writer, you should know that everything generally revolves around the whim of an editor or someone in charge. People know that Nebraska fans are crazed for Nebraska news. If they can get their reporter to write a piece that has already been discussed ad nauseum but adds more hits to the site and increases viewership, then why not?