Is the B1G done expanding?

I find it hard to believe that OU would propose anything to the B1G right now. I don't think they want to go anywhere.

After some logical deductions, if that tweet is true, then the "other two teams" were Texas and Tech. Had to be. OU wants to handcuff itself to UT, and Tech is handcuffed to UT whether they like it or not. Connect the dots and follow the money.

Texas isn't going to get in on a package deal without Baylor, though. The state legislature made that clear last year.

greggdoyelcbs Gregg Doyel

I hear Oklahoma, OK State and 2 other B12 schools approached Big Ten as package and were told no. Academic reasons.

greggdoyelcbs Gregg Doyel

Big Ten "academic issue:" All its schools are in prestigious Association of American Universities - OU, OSU aren't

I can't believe we would tell OU no. I could see OSU, KS, KS St. being told no.

Sorry, but I don't see this group approaching the Big 10 for anything. The Pac-12, which TexAgs already reported as a strong rumor, yes--Big 10, I don't think so.

And if Kansas is available without being saddled by Kansas State, there's no f*****g way in hell the Big 10 tells them 'no'--they have AAU membership, they have the second-best college bball program in history, and they can draw the KC market (Big 10 already has St. Louis), so they will bring KS and MO viewers to the footprint.

The only way the Big 10 tells Kansas 'no' is if they're still coupled to the Purple Kitties--there's little benefit for a BCS conference to take that program unless Kansas were to come along with it. That's why Kansas has been talking with the Big East--path of least resistance, but if there isn't a Big East any longer...