Why they shouldn't let idiots grade schedule strength.

NUpolo8

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/15464601/top-25-schedule-grades-need-for-ws-means-not-a-single-a

Don't bother explaining why other teams in the poll got a higher grade for scheduling Fresno St than the C you gave NU. Or why Stanford got an A for scheduling a piss ND team they play every year.

And people wonder how the polls get whacked with idiots like this guy voting.

Even if they're traveling to Fresno, it's only about the 50th consecutive year they've played them. I dont see how that's a tough game for theyre used to playing there, used to the opponent, and used to the planning.

Still enough to justify the smallest possible increase of difficulty . . . from a C to a C+.

This is a small thing. Sometimes this "media is out to get us" business gets a little out of control.

Its pointless to grade a lot of the scheduling because most BCS home-and-homes are scheduled 6,7,8 years in advance. Many other games are scheduled 2,3,4 years in advance. Now, you know what you're getting when you schedule Chattanooga. But with teams like Fresno St, Washington, etc you don't know what you're gonna get. So you can grade the schedule strength if you want, but they are letting the current strength of each team determine the quality of the act of scheduling, which is wrong. And even taking that into account, several of their grades are pretty bad.

Even if they're traveling to Fresno, it's only about the 50th consecutive year they've played them. I dont see how that's a tough game for theyre used to playing there, used to the opponent, and used to the planning.

Still enough to justify the smallest possible increase of difficulty . . . from a C to a C+.

This is a small thing. Sometimes this "media is out to get us" business gets a little out of control.

I'm calling this guy a moron, not implicating the whole media.

well the polls stupidity was apparent to me when he ranked all of notre dames games. they have played the 6 same teams: msu mich usc purdue navy and stanford for as long as I can remember with pitt and boston college not being scheduled rarely. It is true though that each year they usually play 4 different teams than year before. No idea why he didn't grade just those 4 teams.

5. Florida State

Sept. 3: vs. Louisiana-Monroe, D-

Sept. 10: vs. Charleston Southern, F-

Sept. 17: vs. Oklahoma, A+

Nov. 26: at Florida, A

Overall grade: B-

7. Boise State

Sept. 3: at Georgia, A+

Sept. 16: at Toledo, C

Sept. 24: vs. Tulsa, C-

Oct. 1: vs. Nevada, C

Oct. 7: at Fresno State, C+

Overall grade: B+

How in the name of all things holy does Boise's OOC sched even compare to Fla State's??? Boise wants to be treated like one of the big boys, but they get a free pass. They're still ridin to school in the short bus, but every jackass sports writer with a pen tells 'em they're an honor roll student. What a sham.

5. Florida State

7. Boise State

What I don't understand is how an A+, C, C-, C, and C+ average out to a B+... given this method, we'd have a lot of college grads leaving with 4.0's!

5. Florida State

7. Boise State

What I don't understand is how an A+, C, C-, C, and C+ average out to a B+... given this method, we'd have a lot of college grads leaving with 4.0's!

I also just noticed Boise gets an A for scheduling a team that had a losing record last year in Georgia.