Memorial Stadium

Ive only had it happen once. I turned around and said, "Sir, with all due respect. If I wanted to sit down and watch a game, i would have done it from my lazyboy at home. I am here to cheer for my team and make noise so the opponents cant audible." He looked at me blankly for a second and said with a smile, "I am sorry, you are right." After that , i made sure to sit down when i wasnt cheering. I can yell from my seat, but refuse to cheer while sitting. Next game they were behind us again. We noticed two people down were older and always sitting. I explained the situation and they traded us seats. They were happy and so were we.

If you stop being asshats and work with the grey hairs, its not really an issue. Some of you are just punks that need to get beat with a cane. But, some old people can be jerks as well.

I've definitely seen blue-hairs in Memorial Stadium tell people to sit down, on several occasions. I've never been told to sit down myself, but I always just try to follow the rest of the crowd. If people in front of you stand, you stand. If the people in front of you sit down, you sit.

With that said, making Memorial Stadium an intimidating environment has nothing to do with people sitting or standing. It has to do with noise. You can make just as much noise sitting down as you can standing up. I haven't seen a blue-hair ever tell anyone to be quiet. If THAT actually happens, somebody should just put them out of their misery.

I agree standing isn't needed to be loud. The way I see it standing only helps being intimidating is when your right next to the action like in basketball.

Yeah but it is easier to open up the airways when you are standing. It might not have any effect on loudness, but you can be loud longer.

I've definitely seen blue-hairs in Memorial Stadium tell people to sit down, on several occasions. I've never been told to sit down myself, but I always just try to follow the rest of the crowd. If people in front of you stand, you stand. If the people in front of you sit down, you sit.

With that said, making Memorial Stadium an intimidating environment has nothing to do with people sitting or standing. It has to do with noise. You can make just as much noise sitting down as you can standing up. I haven't seen a blue-hair ever tell anyone to be quiet. If THAT actually happens, somebody should just put them out of their misery.

I agree standing isn't needed to be loud. The way I see it standing only helps being intimidating is when your right next to the action like in basketball.

Yeah but it is easier to open up the airways when you are standing. It might not have any effect on loudness, but you can be loud longer.

haha. Your airways will be just fine unless you're slouching. The thing that will allow you to be louder for longer is drinking lots of water, so you don't lose your voice.

haha. Your airways will be just fine unless you're slouching. The thing that will allow you to be louder for longer is drinking lots of water, so you don't lose your voice.

Lol yeah I remember reading somewhere tips to cheering lounder and longer. Like cheering in an lower tone cause it travels farther and is less stressful on your voice, and cupping your hands so you project all the sound to one area, like a cheerleader's megaphone, and there were some others that I can't remember.