The future of CFB

WYHusk

The future of CFB   

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Okay, TAMU's gone from the Big 12-3, so the $20 million question is - who else does the SEC take?

I'd say Mizery is the most likely - evidently the SEC schools are hellbent on preventing anyone else from their states joining, so that nixes Fla St, Clemson, Georgia Tech - I think. But if they take Mizery/Okie, that unbalances them east-west, maybe causing Auburn and Bama to be in different divisions? Id' say this is unlikely, except the B1G did it to tOSU & Michigan. I think NC has too high of academic standards to go into the SEC. Miami, obviously, is not a choice for anyone just now, but I threw them in anyway.

VA Tech would be the most likely, but they've got a pretty sweet deal where they are, so ...

As for the B1G expanding again, I can't see. But what do I know?

As for superconferences - I voted no because I hope not. I don't like that idea. At all.

I heard they were also going to get Notre Dame, Pitt, Miami, and Florida State.

Except they won't, they won't even get BYU. Missouri is next out the door and the conference will collapse. The big 12 south will be off to beg the pac12 for invites and Texas will either have to scrap their network or go indy.

It's funny listening to radio shows here today. OU myopic fans are worried about playing games at midnight in the PAC or suggesting such teams as New Mexico, UNLV, Boise, etc. to the conference since BYU/ND are out most likely.

Wow...you replace aTm, NU and sCUm w/ the likes of UNLV and New Mexico types = NOT WINNING!

I hear word that Texas might pursue Arkansas. Who knows but a swap of teams wouldn't change things too much...

Don't think there's a chance in hell Arky bails on the SEC to join back up with TX.

Definitely agree with this. There is ZERO chance the Razorbacks go back to a conference with Texas. That bridge is burned, burned, burned.

I voted that the SEC also takes Clemson. If killer cacti ever comes back I think he'll confirm that Clemson is a very good fit for the SEC. Second choice would have been VA Tech.

I don't believe that anyone else from the Big XII is about to join the SEC, simply because they would have already needed to start that process, just like A&M. I think we're done seeing Big XII teams go to the SEC, at least until the Big XII completely falls apart.

I voted that there will be more expansion and that the era of the superconference is upon us - at least, that it's coming soon.

It won't be Florida State, Clemson, or Georgia Tech. Supposedly the SEC was told by their TV partners they were not to expand within their own footprint if they wanted any more money, So those schools are absolutely out until their contracts are about up for renegotiation.

Oklahoma has been trying to sell their fans on the PAC12, they want absolutely no part of the SEC. They know they'd quickly be back to their old tricks if they were in that environment.

The ACC teams view the academic part of their conference as important so it won't be an ACC team. VA Tech has a few fans that have been warming to a move but that's it. Their administration has flat out said they are not interested publicly.

Which pretty much leaves Mizzou, who was on the phone with the SEC not to long ago asking for a way out. They'd get to keep a game in Texas with A&M and still recruit there. They aren't totally out of the way geographically and they want the hell out of the big 12. So its not outside the realm of possibility. If they don't its because either Oklahoma comes around or the SEC decides 13 is fine for a year and Mizzou thinks they'll end up in the big 10 at some point.

On a side note rumors are that the big 12 expansion targets 1-4 have flat out said no or had a large list of demands (BYU). Absolutely nobody is desperate to join the big 12 that isn't an ex-swc member thrown aside by Texas when that league broke.

I voted that the SEC also takes Clemson. If killer cacti ever comes back I think he'll confirm that Clemson is a very good fit for the SEC. Second choice would have been VA Tech.

Either of these teams would be a fit. Looks like SC has bonded with UGA and Florida to block GT, FSU, and Clemson from the SEC. The Virginia state legislature forced UVA to vote against expanding the ACC without VT, so I really couldn't see them leaving either.