Big Ten Ticket re: Nebraska

Foppa

Living outside the country, I've been interested in purchasing the new 'Big Ten Ticket', an online service that allows you to pay 89.95 to get many of the Big Ten games that are on the network for the season. Ordinarily I would think that is a great option, but here's the problem:

There are already SEVEN Nebraska games slated for networks other than the BTN. The Big Ten Ticket can only confirm that 2 Nebraska games (Ten-Chat and Fresno) will be shown, although others could be added.

So my question is, does anyone know if the BTN would still show the Nebraska games like Washington (scheduled for ABC/ESPN and Wyoming on Versus)? And if they don't show them on the TV, would they have rights to stream it instead? Not sure what the copyrighting and licensing looks like for the BTN? Just wanted to see if anyone knows before I spend the money and only get two fairly weak games out of it.

Thanks if you can provide some insight!

I'm out of the country too, so I have kept up with it. I'm not sure about the Wyoming game, because it is on Versus, but every other non-BTN game will be added for on-demand streaming on the next day. So, you will have to find another way for the Wyoming game and ABC/ESPN games if you want to see it live.

However, if you know anyone that has DirecTV, Dish, Charter or Time Warner, then you can access BTN2Go overseas. That is what I am doing. They just launched it today and it is actually pretty neat, because you can watch the BTN anytime, not just for games. But, if you did this, you would need a way to see other games (which I have already figured out for myself).

edit: They will have non-BTN games available on-demand from their television partners on BTN2Go, but I don't know if it will be next day like bigtenticket.

Citation

"If you live abroad and do not have a subscription to a U.S.-based video provider, BTN continues to offer “Big Ten Ticket,” which is an international streaming subscription service that includes every BTN football and men’s basketball telecast to viewers outside of the United States, Canada and the Caribbean. This year, for the first time, Big Ten Ticket will also include next day, on-demand access to all Big Ten games, including all Big Ten Conference television partners. For more information, go to www.bigtenticket.com."

http://www.btn2go.com/btn2go/FAQ.jsp

Same thing for me. Have been looking around for a while. I think the best option is actually espnplayer.com. They have a college pass and show about 40 games/week live and also on demand later on. It says 3 hrs after the games ended. I'm pretty sure they will show most NU games. I haven't subscribed it yet am still waiting for an new credit card but I will give you an update as soon as I'm N.

Thanks guys. I've noticed that most of the streaming sports online services have dried up thanks to the U.S. Justice department that have no bigger issues than to crack down on people wanting to watch sports. My buddy has Time Warner, would it be very hard to get his info and stream the B1G Network? Not sure if I can wait until the 'next day' to see the games streamed, especially when I'm online and just can't get around emails, texts, facebook, etc. bombarding me with Husker info.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had the Big Ten Ticket since I arrived here in Germany two weeks ago and I was a bit curious about them showing the games live while it was on ABC. I briefly tried to watch the PSU Alabama game while it was live (a few minutes into the game) and the BTT player simply said "Waiting for this game to begin" or something to that effect. However, I noticed that the Nebraska Washington game is now on the BTN schedule, so perhaps we'll be able to watch it live? I would hate to have to pay for not only the NFL Game Pass, Big Ten Ticket, and the ESPN3 plan. Hopefully since it's listed on the BTN schedule we'll be able to stream it live...

I've had the Big Ten Ticket since I arrived here in Germany two weeks ago and I was a bit curious about them showing the games live while it was on ABC. I briefly tried to watch the PSU Alabama game while it was live (a few minutes into the game) and the BTT player simply said "Waiting for this game to begin" or something to that effect. However, I noticed that the Nebraska Washington game is now on the BTN schedule, so perhaps we'll be able to watch it live? I would hate to have to pay for not only the NFL Game Pass, Big Ten Ticket, and the ESPN3 plan. Hopefully since it's listed on the BTN schedule we'll be able to stream it live...

Where are you in GE?

That may just be a deal you're getting over there in Germany. The Washington game is being carried by ABC/ESPN, so your best bet (I think) is to look for their version of either channel. I think you're going to be out of luck, though - I don't think ABC has a German affiliate. ESPN should, so you may get lucky there.

I purchased the ESPNPlayer package the last few years. Unfortunately, it was almost impossible to find good steady streams with decent quality video. I often had to refresh the page and select the game again. I was running 10-15 MB/s internet so my connection was not to blame I think. The feeds into Poland were just horrendous. I watched the NCAA basketball tournament online, and it was the exact opposite. Beautiful gorgeous HD feeds. AND IT WAS FREE. I mean christ, I'm paying a price which is going up some 50-100% per year for the ESPN online action and the feed is lower than SD quality and the player is crap. Get your act together ESPN.

I live in Berlin (Mitte). Still looking for an apartment. Have to come in to my school on the weekends to watch the games :-) And yourself?

I looked into the ESPN player and haven't heard anything great about it. Last year I was in South Korea and it was pretty easy to find feeds. ----------------- Maybe I'll have to go one of those routes if I can't get it live on the Big Ten Ticket.

Thanks guys. I've noticed that most of the streaming sports online services have dried up thanks to the U.S. Justice department that have no bigger issues than to crack down on people wanting to watch sports. My buddy has Time Warner, would it be very hard to get his info and stream the B1G Network? Not sure if I can wait until the 'next day' to see the games streamed, especially when I'm online and just can't get around emails, texts, facebook, etc. bombarding me with Husker info.

I'm out of the country too and the SS Gestapo.....errrrrr US Govn has been doing a glorious job of shutting down some cfb games. Sure glad our taxes dollars, as always, are used so efficiently!

I live in Berlin (Mitte). Still looking for an apartment. Have to come in to my school on the weekends to watch the games :-) And yourself?

I looked into the ESPN player and haven't heard anything great about it. Last year I was in South Korea and it was pretty easy to find feeds. ----------------- Maybe I'll have to go one of those routes if I can't get it live on the Big Ten Ticket.

I was stationed in Heidelberg for almost 6 years. Loved it there, and didn't want to leave.