Mom's sling

Hey Huskerboard! I haven't visited for a while, and since it's only a day before football starts, I thought I'd say "hi" to everybody again! My Mom (and best football buddy) is staying with us for about 6 weeks. She had rotator surgery (again) and came out to recuperate here! Since she will be in a sling for about 6 weeks, I thought I'd surprise her with this! Can't wait to see what she says! Go Big Red!

post-885-027369200 1314938452.jpg

Rotator cuff surgery huh? Must have been trying to put too much juice on those curve balls. :lol:

I like the Husker sling!

We have been teasing her and telling her she'll never pitch in the big leagues again!! :)

It's ok, shouldn't affect her change and maybe she can work on a split finger as an out pitch

Yeah.....I made it. Had an old T shirt that I cut and basted it on to the front of her sling. She obviously is not supposed to move her arm away from her side and she would be so disappointed if she couldn't be in Husker attire tomorrow, so I had to come up with something! I am going to alter a T shirt too somehow. 80 years old and worried that she won't have "proper" gameday clothes! PS.....she stands and yells at the games too!

Yeah.....I made it. Had an old T shirt that I cut and basted it on to the front of her sling. She obviously is not supposed to move her arm away from her side and she would be so disappointed if she couldn't be in Husker attire tomorrow, so I had to come up with something! I am going to alter a T shirt too somehow. 80 years old and worried that she won't have "proper" gameday clothes! PS.....she stands and yells at the games too!

Rotator cuff surgery huh? Must have been trying to put too much juice on those curve balls. :lol:

I like the Husker sling!

We have been teasing her and telling her she'll never pitch in the big leagues again!! :)

I'm sure she could still pitch for the Cubs. They could use anything they can get.

Great idea! My Mom is 84 and didn't seem to care about football until I moved out here to the Desert in '90 ..Only went to ~half of my highschool games now that I think about it..(I think Dad's hollering at the refs embarrassed her too much?? or maybe it was the arthritis).

I keep rescuing Husker Shirts from Savers (used clothing chain) that will never fit me unless I start cutting things off, and are too large for my 10 year old Husker/Buckeye Hybrid.

Not sure how you use a turkey? baster, but I think I can remember how to thread the old Singer and attach them to backpacks or something.