Carr,Price,Smith > Martinez

I just don't understand what the Martinez haters think they're going to accomplish by complaining about him nonstop. Its not like their whining is going to improve his play.

Exactly what I was talking about. You can't have the opinion that Martinez needs to improve. Nope that is just COMPLAINING, or WHINING or BITCHING or being too DRUNK, or YOU MUST BE TOO YOUNG TO REMEMBER THE OLD DAYS......blah blah blah give it a rest.

So I guess when Pelini tells the reporters at the end of the game that we have a lot of areas to improve on, the reporters need to turn to Bo and say " AH QUIT YER BITCHIN'"!

totally agree my man

I just don't understand what the Martinez haters think they're going to accomplish by complaining about him nonstop. Its not like their whining is going to improve his play.

Exactly what I was talking about. You can't have the opinion that Martinez needs to improve. Nope that is just COMPLAINING, or WHINING or BITCHING or being too DRUNK, or YOU MUST BE TOO YOUNG TO REMEMBER THE OLD DAYS......blah blah blah give it a rest.

So I guess when Pelini tells the reporters at the end of the game that we have a lot of areas to improve on, the reporters need to turn to Bo and say " AH QUIT YER BITCHIN'"!

Exactly. In the postgame radio show Pelini said Martinez made some bad decisions and obviously missed some open receivers.

But if one of us were to point that exact same thing out, people call us haters..

Whatever. If Martinez goes on to prove me wrong, no one will be happier than me. I'd gladly take all the abuse that could be dished out if it meant Martinez turned into the QB some on here believe he can be.

Nobody has a problem with saying that Martinez needs to improve. Some of us disagree with the idea that he can't take us to the next level, that he's not the type of QB we can win a championship with. That's why we ask if you were alive during the 90's, because surely somebody that was would understand that Martinez is very similar to those QBs we had so much success with back then.

Furthermore, after Pelini says that Martinez needs to improve, he also says, "I'm glad he's on our team." The critics on this board say they'd rather have [insert name here] or that he's not a QB or whatever. That's a big difference in rhetoric.

Exactly. In the postgame radio show Pelini said Martinez made some bad decisions and obviously missed some open receivers.

But if one of us were to point that exact same thing out, people call us haters..

Whatever. If Martinez goes on to prove me wrong, no one will be happier than me. I'd gladly take all the abuse that could be dished out if it meant Martinez turned into the QB some on here believe he can be.

Total horsesh*t.

Bo never said "he's not a real qb", "he shouldn't be starting", "he can't work with this offense" or any other the other mindless claims you haters have stated.

HUGE difference.

One thing that is too bad, though - we have some guys that are looking like absolute weapons, whether the defense is selling out to stop the run or the pass. Quincy Enunwa is a beast, Kenny Bell is blazing, Jamal Turner is electric, and Kyler Reed will cause matchup nightmares for any defensive coordinator even if they are trying to stop the pass.

Unfortunately, between ALL of them, they'll be lucky to get 15 looks a game.

Total horsesh*t.

Bo never said "he's not a real qb", "he shouldn't be starting", "he can't work with this offense" or any other the other mindless claims you haters have stated.

HUGE difference.

I love how people call me or "us" haters. I swear to christ, I'd die laughing if anyone actually called me a "hater" in real life. Unless he was like 13, then I'd think it was cute. Are you 13? Are you a rapper? Because if not, you should grow up and use big boy language. You can, as an adult, disagree with people without imitating Katt Williams. Now, don't you have some planking photos to take, playa?

Total horsesh*t.

HUGE difference.

I love how people call me or "us" haters. I swear to christ, I'd die laughing if anyone actually called me a "hater" in real life. Unless he was like 13, then I'd think it was cute. Are you 13? Are you a rapper? Because if not, you should grow up and use big boy language. You can, as an adult, disagree with people without imitating Katt Williams. Now, don't you have some planking photos to take, playa?

You are what you are. I couldn't care less if you die laughing, crying or singing. However, it looks like overwhelming odds you'll die whining.

Total horsesh*t.

HUGE difference.

You are what you are. I couldn't care less if you die laughing, crying or singing. However, it looks like overwhelming odds you'll die whining.

So then that's a yes on being 13 then. Got it.

I think I stepped into the twilight zone. I swear I have been in a thread just like this before....

I didn't get to see this game, because working seems to be my whole life anymore. His stats look good...what exactly did Taylor do so wrong to bring out another one of these threads?

Well, I didn't start this thread because he did anything worse than usual. He was just his usual self. Put the ball on the ground a couple times. Missed wide open receivers and threw into coverage. Locked on and telegraphed a pass that went through a defenders hands. Made bad decisions in the zone read.The passes he did complete, minus a few nice balls, were passes that if he lead the receiver instead of making him leave his feet for the catch, could have been big plays. And his "best" pass, the 44 yard bomb to Reed, was a case where no defender was within 15 yards of Reed as he was streaking down field. He could have walked into the endzone but the throw was so badly under thrown, he literally had to stop and wait for it to come down and was hit while catching it.

In other words, more of the same.

I won't post another thread on the subject for awhile though. I've vented my frustration with him. I feel better now, thanks for listening :hmmph

I think I stepped into the twilight zone. I swear I have been in a thread just like this before....

I didn't get to see this game, because working seems to be my whole life anymore. His stats look good...what exactly did Taylor do so wrong to bring out another one of these threads?

Well, I didn't start this thread because he did anything worse than usual. He was just his usual self. Put the ball on the ground a couple times. Missed wide open receivers and threw into coverage. Locked on and telegraphed a pass that went through a defenders hands. Made bad decisions in the zone read.The passes he did complete, minus a few nice balls, were passes that if he lead the receiver instead of making him leave his feet for the catch, could have been big plays. And his "best" pass, the 44 yard bomb to Reed, was a case where no defender was within 15 yards of Reed as he was streaking down field. He could have walked into the endzone but the throw was so badly under thrown, he literally had to stop and wait for it to come down and was hit while catching it.

In other words, more of the same.

I won't post another thread on the subject for awhile though. I've vented my frustration with him. I feel better now, thanks for listening :hmmph

That's fair...I notice that too about Taylor. If he could get his throws in stride with the WR then he would have a LOT of passing TD's this year. But if Taylor wasn't so dangerous in the run game...would those WR's be so open? I am going to watch the game pretty soon, so I will see what you are talking about.

Because he consistently missed WIDE OPEN receivers and and, once again, fumbled the football. The OP nailed it. I said the exact same thing this evening. Taylor is nothing more than a slot WR playing QB....sad thing is, I'd guess most slot WRs have a better mechanics. Taylor is just such a bitter-sweet player. Anytime he touches the ball, he has a chance to take it the distance, but he is a horrid passer and just as bad decision maker.

I have a bad feeling that Taylor is going to get exposed for what he is next week...

How old are you? It's like you never watched - or understood what you were watching

Good response. How old are you...classic.

Comparing him to previous players in an entirely option offense makes no sense to me. This offense need 'Ganz' or 'Zac Taylor', not Mickey Joseph. He's not good.

gobiggergoredder, I agree that we aren't running that Osborne offense anymore, but we are really not running the Joe Ganz and Zac Taylor offense, too.

That's fair...I notice that too about Taylor. If he could get his throws in stride with the WR then he would have a LOT of passing TD's this year. But if Taylor wasn't so dangerous in the run game...would those WR's be so open? I am going to watch the game pretty soon, so I will see what you are talking about.

That is kinda the thing. It's the running threat that lets them get open. But in the case of a guy like Kyler Reed, I think yes, no matter if Taylor Martinez or Zac Taylor is back there at QB, he would tear through secondaries and get open several times a game. Maybe not deep all the time, but who is gonna cover that guy? They can try to put a corner on him and then we'll run it up the gut against the undersized defense. Or they can stick a linebacker or safety on him, which either opens up options elsewhere or we watch Kyler Reed gash defenses every single drive.

gobiggergoredder, I agree that we aren't running that Osborne offense anymore, but we are really not running the Joe Ganz and Zac Taylor offense, too.

That is kinda the thing. It's the running threat that lets them get open. But in the case of a guy like Kyler Reed, I think yes, no matter if Taylor Martinez or Zac Taylor is back there at QB, he would tear through secondaries and get open several times a game. Maybe not deep all the time, but who is gonna cover that guy? They can try to put a corner on him and then we'll run it up the gut against the undersized defense. Or they can stick a linebacker or safety on him, which either opens up options elsewhere or we watch Kyler Reed gash defenses every single drive.

That is very true about Reed. He creates a mismatch just by being on the field. Reed would probably have much better stats with a guy like Zac Taylor throwing to him also...I have no doubts about that. I have to say one thing about Price and Carr...GREAT QB's for sure, but I think our defense has made them look better then what they really are.