Wisconsin fans' predictions

TAW

Welcome to the B1G, Huskers fans, kudos on a good message board. Looking forward to seeing some of you guys Saturday.

What I'm wondering about from you guys is, how do you feel about your run defense? I watched the Fresno State and Washington games and my impression was that it was a bit suspect.

And since this is a UW fans prediction thread, here's mine: In order to slow down UW's offense, a D has to have a front seven that can control its run game because if you have to bring extra guys up, Wilson will destroy it with play-action. From what I saw, I'm not sure Nebraska can do that. You'll score some points but if UW gets ahead and Martinez has to throw it more than the coaches are gonna want, Badgers will pull away. UW 38, Neb 27.

Welcome to the B1G, Huskers fans, kudos on a good message board. Looking forward to seeing some of you guys Saturday.

What I'm wondering about from you guys is, how do you feel about your run defense? I watched the Fresno State and Washington games and my impression was that it was a bit suspect.

And since this is a UW fans prediction thread, here's mine: In order to slow down UW's offense, a D has to have a front seven that can control its run game because if you have to bring extra guys up, Wilson will destroy it with play-action. From what I saw, I'm not sure Nebraska can do that. You'll score some points but if UW gets ahead and Martinez has to throw it more than the coaches are gonna want, Badgers will pull away. UW 38, Neb 27.

The last two years I don't think our defense has been the best at stopping the run. The difference between the Big 12 and the Big 10 is, if the Big 12 is having success running the ball, they will go away from it eventually and start passing again. The Big 10 will keep pounding it down your throat. It was more of a bend, don't break defense. Teams last year gained yardage against us, but did not score many points, except OSU. We were hoping to see us stop the run a little better this season moving to the Big 10. We will see what Pelini pulls out of the hat Saturday night. It has been talked about on this board maybe a 5-2 with a peso back, but we will see.

As far as play action pass with the running back coming out of the backfield, we struggled with that play the first two weeks, but have made a huge improvement covering that play the last two weeks. Our linebackers def need to have a great game for us Saturday night.

My sister is going to the game and from what I've heard of how Badger fans treat visiting fans, Im pretty worried for their group going up there.

The last two years I don't think our defense has been the best at stopping the run. The difference between the Big 12 and the Big 10 is, if the Big 12 is having success running the ball, they will go away from it eventually and start passing again. The Big 10 will keep pounding it down your throat. It was more of a bend, don't break defense. Teams last year gained yardage against us, but did not score many points, except OSU. We were hoping to see us stop the run a little better this season moving to the Big 10. We will see what Pelini pulls out of the hat Saturday night. It has been talked about on this board maybe a 5-2 with a peso back, but we will see.

As far as play action pass with the running back coming out of the backfield, we struggled with that play the first two weeks, but have made a huge improvement covering that play the last two weeks. Our linebackers def need to have a great game for us Saturday night.

My sister is going to the game and from what I've heard of how Badger fans treat visiting fans, Im pretty worried for their group going up there.

There's always dickbrains -- here and everywhere else I've been for road games. Aside from some good-natured trash-talking, though, most people are respectful enough. I know I always enjoy finding fans of the opposing team in the bars -- it's a lot more interesting to talk to them. Tell her to keep the trash-talking fun (as opposed to nasty) and she'll be fine.

She have tix or just coming up? I'm wondering how many of you guys are actually gonna be in the stadium. We've been hearing as many as 30k coming but who knows how many have tix.

There's always dickbrains -- here and everywhere else I've been for road games. Aside from some good-natured trash-talking, though, most people are respectful enough. I know I always enjoy finding fans of the opposing team in the bars -- it's a lot more interesting to talk to them. Tell her to keep the trash-talking fun (as opposed to nasty) and she'll be fine.

She have tix or just coming up? I'm wondering how many of you guys are actually gonna be in the stadium. We've been hearing as many as 30k coming but who knows how many have tix.

They have tickets already.

Sean Callahan (Nebraska beat writer) just said on Sportscenter maybe 25-30K Husker fans

I agree in your assessment-the game will come down to whose big uglies control the line and who can effectively run the ball. You wanted to know how we feel about our run defense (and that will be the determining factor). So far this season I have been fairly unimpressed with our D-Line play (pass rush & run stoppage) BUT the Pelini's are notorious for scheming well for big games. I may be wrong but I don't think NU has shown anything defensively yet this season that we will see from them Saturday. We know we have the athletes and we also know they have not performed up to their capabilities yet. If NU's D is working, it will be a good game and a Husker victory. If our D is not markedly changed from the first 4 games, you are right, the Badgers will pull away and probably score more than the 38 you predicted. I feel our Offense can put up mid to upper 30's on you guys. Just depends if our D can hold you below that. Historically we have played well on the road under Pelini so I am hoping that will negate at least some of the environmental concerns of Camp Randall at night. I would love to be at that game. It should be an instant classic.

My question is who are the 33 that don't think we'll see them again? Really who is going to take our division, if not us?

Denard Robinson's shoelaces will be flapping in the wind all the way to the title game

I think UM will be pretty good by end of the year, but drop a few they shouldn't early. I think next year is when Mich returns to prominence.

this is an interesting post from a badger board after a husker fan posted a rather discouraging post:

oscoe

My God man.....sack up ! (or, in biblical terms, "gird your loins").

First off, despite what a few here may think, there is definitely something to the scheduling difference between the two teams. Having watched all of Bucky's games, plus Shucky's games vs. the "other UW" and Fresno, and N. Illinois and Oregon-f'ing-State cannot touch their jocks. I think your boyz in red definitely had the much stiffer competition. Secondly, having your (3) best playmakers back in Dennard-David-Crick for the first time for this game will give the rest of Shucky's D. a collective, big boner. They'll be frisky and ready to test Bucky's O like it hasn't been tested this still-young season. Thirdly, Shucky has a fairly clear advantage in ST, especially in K and KOR positions. A few FG's here, some great starting field position there, and PRESTO! Shucky will find itself still in this kick-ass game well into the 4th quarter.

Finally, have some faith in your f'ing team. Yeah, UNL has a few warts, but so doesn't UW. Bucky just hasn't played anybody yet who can expose them....until now. This WILL be a f'ing battle to the very end, trust me.

Now: Dr. Oscoe's advice to you is to drink lots of beer, have some delicious brats and Fairbury hotdogs, and ENJOY THE f'ing GAME! This is going to be a great one for the ages, and will be the beginning of a BEAUTIFUL, new rivalry!! A new rivalry that will put those a$$hole$ in Ann Arbor (she's STILL a whore!) and Clumbus to shame, and make you forget all about those f'ing morons from Norman or those a-hole wannabe's from Boulder, Manhattan, and Columbia.

On, Wisconsin! GBR !

http://buckyville.yu...this-Husker-Fan

(thought i had to edit, didn't know huskerboard automatically censored itself, that's good to know)

• Fire 1