Which way will it go?

What I want to know, is will Bo have our guys take a knee on the 5 yard line instead of driving in for the score--like Wyoming? Because I hope he only does it if we're at least two or three TDs ahead at the end.

If this is your biggest concern for this game, I can only make one suggestion; step away from the Kool-Aid. "if we're at least two or three TD's ahead at the end" ??? Your scenario will not play out but if it did and Bo doesn't have em take a knee at that point, he would be a moron. Keep in mind this is highly likely a preview of the B1G championship game. Rubber matches almost always seem to tilt in favor of the first loser. Rubbing their nose in it would not bode well for NU should we meet again this year. I think it is 50/50 chance if Bielema would do the same thing. I only hope that if we do in fact lose this game that BB does rub our nose in it.

What I want to know, is will Bo have our guys take a knee on the 5 yard line instead of driving in for the score--like Wyoming? Because I hope he only does it if we're at least two or three TDs ahead at the end.

If this is your biggest concern for this game, I can only make one suggestion; step away from the Kool-Aid. "if we're at least two or three TD's ahead at the end" ??? Your scenario will not play out but if it did and Bo doesn't have em take a knee at that point, he would be a moron. Keep in mind this is highly likely a preview of the B1G championship game. Rubber matches almost always seem to tilt in favor of the first loser. Rubbing their nose in it would not bode well for NU should we meet again this year. I think it is 50/50 chance if Bielema would do the same thing. I only hope that if we do in fact lose this game that BB does rub our nose in it.

he was being humorous.

If anything, I'm more worried about Wisconsin's ability to go airborne and Nebraska's secondary more than anything else.

I'm not too terribly worried about Martinez or our O-Line--they can get it done on the ground, and the Okie Lite shootout showed that Martinez has an arm if necessary--plus, I would say we've got better receivers now than we did in that Okie Lite game.

Also, Nebraska is better on special teams. Our kicker/punter has routinely pinned teams deep and sent kickoffs out of the end zone--the Wisconsin kicker has trouble staying inside the lines on kickoffs, and they've had problems w/punting and their return game to boot.

If anything, our special teams may be worth a hidden 3-7 points in this game--enough to negate homefield advantage.

I hate when people point to the Okie St game and how this apparently proves Martinez can pass. Okie St that year was consistently lit up through the air and their 108th (or something like that) ranked pass defense at the end of the year proves it.

And I definitely agree that we have some possible all star receivers in Enunwa, Bell, and Turner. Unfortunately, we don't have a QB who can consistently get them the ball in a way that takes advantage of their speed. It's not what Martinez does and that's why the offense relies so heavily on its running game.

Total BS.

A healthy Tmart has so far been 12 - 1 at NU. The "one" loss being Texas last year where our wrs dropped his passes all game long. So his good passing days don't count and his big running days don't count......gee, I wonder what your agenda is?

lol!

You can keep crying a river but luckily for us Bo/Beck prefer to win!

GBR!!

I don't have any agenda. I am just pointing out that alot of times the speed of the WRs/Reed is negated by an inaccurate pass. Like many times when Taylor has thrown deep it has been well underthrown and the receiver has had to slow down to catch it, so they get tackled rather than running into the endzone. Or when there is a ton of space in front of the receiver but they have had to readjust to catch the ball, which obviously slows them down.

I never said anything about his "good running days" not counting. What I did say is that is his strength and that's why the offense operates the way it does. I'm not sure how I am "crying a river" by pointing out something so obvious. Taylor isn't a good passer. He's a great runner and that's what Beck has based the offense off of: his speed. Would you argue this?

The point of my post was not to call for Martinez to be replaced (that would be dumb), but to point out that for one of the first times I can remember, Nebraska has three very athletic WRs with two of them being very fast. So, I was surmising that if accuracy was the QBs strength, that the speed of these WRs would be used more and so would the passing games.