Question about daily reputation points

Enhance

How many points can a poster dish out daily, and how often does that total reset?

It seems that I can only give out a few, and then I have to wait at least a full 24 hours before I can give out more. I understand that posters should choose points to give wisely, but it also seems like I'm always running into this road block often.

Yes, it goes on a rolling 24-hour clock, so if you give out three +1s at 10am and two more at 9pm, you won't be able to give any more until 10am the following day, at which point you could give another three. If you waited until 9pm the following day you could give out five more all at once, but then you couldn't give out any more until 9pm the day after that.

Hmm..well I think upping the limit should be something to consider if there's more interest than purely my own. Nothing drastic, of course. I coded a reputation meter before and it shouldn't be too difficult to change, unless most people are happy with the 5 point limit. It's not a big deal to me as I don't generally give out a lot of reputation points, but there are some days (like gamedays or other high-traffic news days) where five points goes quick.