***Official Wisconsin Game Discussion***

Now we get to hear the Pelini song and dance...." we did some good things out there but we failed to execute. We'll have to look at the films to see what we need to work on....blah blah blah..".

Someone needs to fire back at him when he says that and say, "Coach, did you ever consider fixing things while you see them on the field instead of waiting to look at the film?"

lol that would be great, he would prob get up and pout his way out of the room.

I like Bo, I really do --- I was just really disappointed with his coaching in the 2nd half. He just stood there looking bewildered. I would have liked to see him taking the defense to the side, talk with them, and give some leadership.

So....let's just play this out a bit differently. Let's say TM didn't throw these 3 INTs. Let's say we didnt' score either, but survived until 4th down and got some Maher punts down the field, defense doesn't get deflated by the O giving Wisky the ball in scoring position - again. So we've still got 14, Wisky has 20. This is all on Martinez. If he completes those passes instead of throwing INTs we all talk about how great the play calling was.

We're fine. Just not executing.

So let's say we're in La-La Land?

The game DIDN'T play out that way. Nebraska got absolutely embarrassed on the big stage just like we have for the past 14 years.

If we're not executing, we're not fine.

So....let's just play this out a bit differently. Let's say TM didn't throw these 3 INTs. Let's say we didnt' score either, but survived until 4th down and got some Maher punts down the field, defense doesn't get deflated by the O giving Wisky the ball in scoring position - again. So we've still got 14, Wisky has 20. This is all on Martinez. If he completes those passes instead of throwing INTs we all talk about how great the play calling was.

The game DIDN'T play out that way. Nebraska got absolutely embarrassed on the big stage just like we have for the past 14 years.

We are fine. We had this game under control until Beck started calling on Martinez to throw the ball all around the field. Hopefully, first of all, Martinez learns that he doesn't have to do it all on every play. Hopefully Beck realizes that when he's calling a good game, there's no reason to change it.

This is all about learning from our mistakes, and if we can do that well, we can learn a LOT from this game.

Up until the interception machine got rolling we were winning 14-13 --- that was with under 5 mins to go in the first half. Take back that 5 minutes of poor execution and we're sitting in the driver's seat instead of playing outside of our game plan.

I still say.........we're fine.

We are fine. We had this game under control until Beck started calling on Martinez to throw the ball all around the field. Hopefully, first of all, Martinez learns that he doesn't have to do it all on every play. Hopefully Beck realizes that when he's calling a good game, there's no reason to change it.

This is all about learning from our mistakes, and if we can do that well, we can learn a LOT from this game.

Up until the interception machine got rolling we were winning 14-13 --- that was with under 5 mins to go in the first half. Take back that 5 minutes of poor execution and we're sitting in the driver's seat instead of playing outside of our game plan.

I still say.........we're fine.

You're full of s***!! Just like all the fans that thought we were a few dropped passes away from beating UT last year. We were OWNED!! Pure and simple. Take the lump. We are not in the class of UW, particularly their QB. He did whatever he wanted. Feasted on our unbelievably poor secondary play. The few times that we got pressure, he simply sidestepped whatever out of control pass rusher ended up in the backfield and made a play. As opposed to our QB, whom the UW coaching staff was DARING to throw because they knew he'd make costly mistakes.

I would be more sympathetic, but we just watched the same game and you are refusing to acknowledge what you just witnessed. Usually a few days pass before the revisionism commences.

You're full of s***!! Just like all the fans that thought we were a few dropped passes away from beating UT last year. We were OWNED!! Pure and simple. Take the lump. We are not in the class of UW, particularly their QB. He did whatever he wanted. Feasted on our unbelievably poor secondary play. The few times that we got pressure, he simply sidestepped whatever out of control pass rusher ended up in the backfield and made a play. As opposed to our QB, whom the UW coaching staff was DARING to throw because they knew he'd make costly mistakes.

I would be more sympathetic, but we just watched the same game and you are refusing to acknowledge what you just witnessed. Usually a few days pass before the revisionism commences.

You're confusing me being optimistic on the year and learning from our mistakes in this game for saying "we should have won this game" -- I'm not saying that at all. Yes, we were beaten soundly. Yes, Wisconsin is the better team. I'm simply saying we DID own this game for nearly the entire first half. My disappointment isn't that what we were doing stopped working, but that we for some reason started playing a different game. I'm hoping we can learn from our mistakes in this game, players and coaches alike, and improve.

Wow, one loss and most of you are ready to burn your husker gear. You need to learn how to be true loyal fans, not just cheer for your team when they happen to win.

• Fire 1

You're confusing me being optimistic on the year and learning from our mistakes in this game for saying "we should have won this game" -- I'm not saying that at all. Yes, we were beaten soundly. Yes, Wisconsin is the better team. I'm simply saying we DID own this game for nearly the entire first half. My disappointment isn't that what we were doing stopped working, but that we for some reason started playing a different game. I'm hoping we can learn from our mistakes in this game, players and coaches alike, and improve.

Wow, one loss and most of you are ready to burn your husker gear. You need to learn how to be true loyal fans, not just cheer for your team when they happen to win.

Just because I'm willing to acknowledge what I just watched with my own eyes, which was a beatdown, doesn't mean that I'm burning my Husker gear. We did not own the first half. We had 2 good scoring drives that allowed us to keep pace for a little over a quarter, and then the offense did what the defense had done pretty much up to that point....meltdown. We are simply not that good right now. The only reason I felt the need to respond to your post was because I'm tired of letting these falsehoods propagate. This team was beaten badly, and would be beaten 10 out of 10 times by that Wisconsin team.

The fact is that there were a ton of questions going into this year. The offensive line is young and patched together. The QB is a good runner when he can outrun the opposing defense, but doesn't have particularly good vision or ability to make defenders miss. As a passer? It's all been said. Not a great arm. Can't read defenses. Forces throws. Basically, the offense will not go anywhere until the QB improves mightily, and I just don't see that happening anytime soon. I definitely think that Jamal Turner will get a serious look in the coming years to replace Martinez. I say that without ever having seen Turner throw a pass, because I can't imagine him being any more inept than our current QB.

Everyone thought the defense would be great because we had great players returning at each level. I think we all thought the complimentary players would be much better than they are. Fisher is god awful. Ciante Evans is a tremendous disappointment so far. Cassidy looks like pre 2009 Matt O-Hanlon. Stafford is bad in coverage. Compton is average at best. The few times when the secondary gave the line time last night, Wilson was rarely pressured.

This team should have started the year in the 20-25 range, and that's probably where they'll be after this game. That's not horrible, but it's where they deserve to be.