The Pelini Method

I don't know about you guys but it kind of punched me in the gut when I saw Bo quietly tearing into that back on national tv. I know he's a fiery dude who gets his defenses riled up, but I don't think tearing down the kid is gonna make him play any better, especially after seeing his face. He looked like he was about to cry. I know this is big time Division 1 football, but shouldn't Bo see that the kid needs some positive reinforcement to try to right the ship instead of continuing to lay into the secondary. I dunno thats just my view of things. What do you guys think?

I don't know about you guys but it kind of punched me in the gut when I saw Bo quietly tearing into that back on national tv. I know he's a fiery dude who gets his defenses riled up, but I don't think tearing down the kid is gonna make him play any better, especially after seeing his face. He looked like he was about to cry. I know this is big time Division 1 football, but shouldn't Bo see that the kid needs some positive reinforcement to try to right the ship instead of continuing to lay into the secondary. I dunno thats just my view of things. What do you guys think?

Sadly, I agree with you in this case. Anyway, I was a little more pissed at our safety Stafford for letting everybody get behind him. Again. Instead he laid into Evans.

Have to disagree with you there. This isn't pee-wee football. Our secondary needs a fire lit underneath their you know whats.

I get that and can see that. I played football for a Vince Lombardi wannabe in high school and he was all about the tough love, and it fired up some guys. Bo certainly knows his personnel better than I do, I just saw it as twisting a knife instead of trying to stop the bleeding with a different approach.

I agree with this, and this isn't the first time I have made this observation of Bo.

I love his fire. Get excited, yell at players, jump around...but sometimes, I think he gets a bit too hard on the players. And it results in our guys not playing loose and not playing with confidence out there.

I agree with this, and this isn't the first time I have made this observation of Bo.

I love his fire. Get excited, yell at players, jump around...but sometimes, I think he gets a bit too hard on the players. And it results in our guys not playing loose and not playing with confidence out there.

How could they play with confidence, dude? What the hell diffreence does that make? We have absolutely zero talent or scheme on this defense. They are complete soft pushover masquerading in Nebraska uniforms. Thank Christ the blackshirts weren't handed out. At least we don't have to stain those jerseys with these players.

Disagree totally about scheme but I agree on talent.

I'm only talking about how Bo sometimes gets way too in the face of some of his players sometimes. You can see it has a negative effect on them, and the team's performance suffers as a result.

We're getting leveled. The scheme isn't helping.