What's the concensus on Bo in huskerville?

Duffman

no one hates Bo..

it just sucks he was :01 from beating Texas== Conf Champ, led OU by 17 = Conf Chamop

how many other teams would kill for that kind of success??

I don't know how true it is, because I was too young to remember.. but.... I hear.. TO was not so popular until he won Conf / NC's

no one hates Bo..

it just sucks he was :01 from beating Texas== Conf Champ, led OU by 17 = Conf Chamop

how many other teams would kill for that kind of success??

I don't know how true it is, because I was too young to remember.. but.... I hear.. TO was not so popular until he won Conf / NC's

It took him a long time, and a lot of missed opportunities at a national championship.

I think Bo's defensive background, and the fact that he was mainly brought here to fix the defense, is the big reason why people don't harp on Bo's head coaching ability often. People view him as the general, but a general that works closely with and takes into serious consideration the opinions of his underlings. We tend to blame coordinator's or assistants before we blame Bo, which is a lot different than how we treated the last head coach before Bo.

As a side note to RobT, I really like the way Oregon plays football. They remind me of Nebraska of old as well. Dominating wins with pretty good defenses, they have the occasional close call, and they're also tabbed as a team that can't win the big game when it matters like we were for a long time in the late 80's and early 90's.

The biggest thing keeping Oregon from being the best of college football program's is their inability to beat the SEC. That is a tall order, however.