Kenny Bell Tweet

It's probably terrible to ask, but does Taylor strike anybody as a guy who would play bad on purpose just to piss people off even more or to get even? Don't know why and I know I'm wrong, but he kinda does to me.

Taylor strikes me as a guy who wants to win. Maybe he wants to win for himself, maybe he wants to win for the team, but either way a guy who wants to win isn't going to hurt his team just to piss people off.

I agree with you on this, I think it's just his attitude that bothers the heck out of me.

He's painfully shy. If you watch his body actions you'll see they're more about that when he's interviewed. Turn the sound off and watch you'll see what I mean. The media is aware of this too. They've really given him a pass this year. Social Media and Message Boards don't because they don't get a lot of one on one with him. If we lose another game big the papers won't be so nice.

I still find it odd that the major reason we lost is because the defense sucks balls and the OC called one of the worst last five minutes of the first half a coach could, but Taylor has taken 100 times more heat from it. Don't tell me people aren't rooting for him to fail. Its bull$hit if you ask me the way he's being treated. The kid isn't perfect and yes he's got weakness but he's getting railed hard for a team loss.

Thank you.

It's probably terrible to ask, but does Taylor strike anybody as a guy who would play bad on purpose just to piss people off even more or to get even? Don't know why and I know I'm wrong, but he kinda does to me.

Taylor strikes me as a guy who wants to win. Maybe he wants to win for himself, maybe he wants to win for the team, but either way a guy who wants to win isn't going to hurt his team just to piss people off.

I agree with you on this, I think it's just his attitude that bothers the heck out of me.

He's painfully shy. If you watch his body actions you'll see they're more about that when he's interviewed. Turn the sound off and watch you'll see what I mean. The media is aware of this too. They've really given him a pass this year. Social Media and Message Boards don't because they don't get a lot of one on one with him. If we lose another game big the papers won't be so nice.

I still find it odd that the major reason we lost is because the defense sucks balls and the OC called one of the worst last five minutes of the first half a coach could, but Taylor has taken 100 times more heat from it. Don't tell me people aren't rooting for him to fail. Its bull$hit if you ask me the way he's being treated. The kid isn't perfect and yes he's got weakness but he's getting railed hard for a team loss.

:yeah

I am not ready to give up on Martinez. I do think he tries to hard and makes mistakes in the process that he regrets later. If the coaching staff says he is the best QB they have then I believe them, and support Taylor, the team, and the Coaches.

Down here in Texas they have cornered the market for throwing QBs' under the bus. Gilbert at UT, who was a good QB, who failed under a crappy OC, and is now out the door. Also Tony Romo who has been taking hits for his poor performance this past weekend for his two interceptions that cost the Cowboys against the Lions.

I hope that Taylor is able to put his whisky performance behind him as well as his criticisms. It also would be great if someone from the media department could coach him up and help him learn some of those catchy phrases that make good sound bytes on the news and he could perform better behind the microphone. It is new week and I am looking for better for the Huskers this time out.

:power

I find this board fascinating, discouraging and sometimes rediculous. Some on this board forget what a team is and what it takes to lead a team. For some it's all about individuals and who's most vulunerable or hyped week in and week out. Most flip-flopping each week and cant make up their minds of what to belive in. Where's the faith in what we have? Where's the support that builds others and not tear them down? Some forget that a season isn't based on a weeks game only comparisons to year ____ (fill in the blank). So rediculous, there's no comparisons as the every aspect of the game has changed.

I'm not originally from NE but moved here about 12 years ago. I had many friends who went to college here and I've followed since, fascinated by the following. Me, I went to the Army and I've seen that some believe I shouldn't have a view or expression about the Huskers because I'm not alum. Very discouraging...yet fascinating. Where I was from it was life or death, nothing between. We lived as a team, died as a team. To see the armchair couch potato fans argue over coaching decisions and/or if Taylor is the right QB is discouraging, yet fascinating.

Any time another team gets rolled, it's all about "look at the meltdowns" on their boards. Look in the mirror folks, some of you are rediculous with your meltdowns yet seemed so funny when it's someone else. Instant gratification is alive and well, humility thrown out the door to only live in the here and now. Fascinating folks.

When it comes to strenghts and weaknesses few understand to focus on your strenghts. Weaknesses will always have a glass ceiling limiting potential. Last week was not all Taylor's fault as coaches certainly didn't focus on team strenghts. In no way was that on Taylor. If Beck wanted to prove something, he had the wrong mindset.

As far as tweets, now that's just lame. For a former "team mate" to express his opinion is only his opinion. He forgets that it was a short distance from a "kick in the shorts" to a "pat on the back". Especially Phildill. He of all people should know about development, teamwork, strengths and weaknesses. Is he that short sighted? Fortunately, he still has a right to expresss whatever he feels, no matter how short sighted or rediculous he makes himself look. Is there a reason most of us would have to look up what team he's on and we all know who Suh plays for?

Live and die with your team folks. Lead, follow or get the h_ll out of the way but don't second guess those who've chosen to lead...and you've chosen to follow.

Fascinating!

• Fire 1

I want to make sure people know that my critcizm of Taylor isn't as much about his performance as it is about his attitude. After a performance like he had regardless of who's fault it really was I'd really like to hear something out of his mouth that sounds humble & remorsefull.

I want to make sure people know that my critcizm of Taylor isn't as much about his performance as it is about his attitude. After a performance like he had regardless of who's fault it really was I'd really like to hear something out of his mouth that sounds humble & remorsefull.

I don't want him to sound defeated. Mad is good.

The only caveat is he shouldn't channel that out at journalists, media, fans, anybody who might give him s---. Channel it inwards, focus, and unleash it on the Buckeyes. Anything else is not good.