What ARE our chances against Michigan?

Michigan's defense has struggled against Notre Dame and Northwestern. Our offense will be able to move the ball as long as they minimize mistakes.

Unless we see a COMPLETE turnaround on our defense, we're going to struggle to contain Robinson. However, there are going to be 2-4 times in the game where he throws a ball that could be intercepted, and I think the game will be decided on whether we make those plays or not.

there could also be 5-6 times martinez could throw a ball that gets intercepted..

Martinez throws interceptions when he forces things, but I think he demonstrated that he had learned his lesson against Ohio State. As long as Beck doesn't ask him to force things (e.g. end of first half against Ohio State), I have far more confidence in him than I would in Denard Robinson. I don't watch Denard Robinson nearly as much, but even against a weak Northwestern defense, Denard threw three bad interceptions. He hasn't yet shown me that he can learn from his mistakes quite like Martinez has.

I also think that Michigan is a little less willing to adapt their offense to Denard than Nebraska is with Martinez. Beck has shown he'll do whatever it takes to play to his players' strengths, even if he messes that up sometimes. Michigan is asking Robinson to be more of a WCO QB, which he isn't. They are still letting him run though, and that's where he kills people. We'll have to contain him.

I bet DRob doesn't get 1% of the insulting crap from his fans as ours does. He gets picked three times by a non-existent NW defense and you hardly hear about it. Tmart gets picked three times by a good Wisky defense and the wailing, sobbing, crying & moaning overflows the Missouri river.

That's cause they are undefeated. As soon as they lose, look out.

Heh, yeah you could be right. Good point!

GBR!!

But if they did rip on him for his character, they'd have A LOT of ammunition now that we found out he's a cheater.

NU doesn't play Michigan for a more than a month. I think the assessments of the Wolverines are a bit premature. They haven't played anyone with a pulse yet other than Notre Dame, and the Irish lit them up offensively and pissed that game down their legs.

I expect Michigan to lose a couple of games between now and then, and I'd be surprised if Robinson is actually healthy by the time NU rolls into town. Now that game will be difficult regardless, but Michigan has some serious flaws right now and I believe those flaws will be exposed as the conference seasons progresses.

Michigan just played their first road game of the season.... at Northwestern of all spots. We will learn a lot about the UM in the next few weeks, and we will also see if the Blackshirts can earn their namesake.....

I hope they take out Fisher or Compton & put in someone with speed. It will be the only way we can contain Robinson. As far Robinson being the most exciting player you have seen since Vick. You must not have caught a Baylor game. Robert Griffin III is by far the most exciting player in football. He is a true dual threat QB. He passes like Andrew Luck & runs like Dennard Robinson. He has almost as many TD passes as incompletions & until last week he had more TD's then Incompletions.