Steve Spurrier calls out local sports columnist

knapplc

I like how while he publicly castigated the writer, he just rewarded all of the other media folks with exclusive 1 on 1 access. :)

Carrot and stick, stick and carrot. While Bo does have valid points, it would help his cause if he took a page out of Spurier's book and gave carrots to the good media boys and girls, and saved the stick for when he really needs to call a writer out.

I don't see how this was out of hand at all, Spurrier finally addressed Ron Morris's smear pieces after ignoring them for years. He didn't blow up Gundy style, he was classy and polite. If anything the old ball coach was the picture of moderation.

..and if Bo "pulled something like this" people would ask where his Heisman, and conference/national championships were. Spurrier has more than earned the right to determine who gets to be around his program.

I don't see how this was out of hand at all, Spurrier finally addressed Ron Morris's smear pieces after ignoring them for years. He didn't blow up Gundy style, he was classy and polite. If anything the old ball coach was the picture of moderation.

Spurrier has never been classy or polite. Admit it. Everyone knows it. He's a d-bag. Always has been, and always will. Funny, that last sentence had "has been" in it, which also relates to Spurrier.

Ignoring above tater's comment.....that writer is a trip. He's driven a boycott of the local paper and quite a bit of controversy in town. It's about time he got called out for what he is.

He's just telling the truth. Seems as though the HBC can't handle it, and apparently neither can you.

Wow, you and Morris must really be in the know. The truth is Ellington was interested in playing football at USC when he was still a recruit in High School, Spurrier didn't steal him from Horn, he's still going to play basketball. Yes neither I nor Spurrier can handle the truth that you and Morris seem to know without having been there.

Spurrier has never been classy or polite. Admit it. Everyone knows it. He's a d-bag. Always has been, and always will. Funny, that last sentence had "has been" in it, which also relates to Spurrier.

Not classy? Can Dabo get a tee time at Augusta? ....yea I didn't think so.

I said nothing of Ellington or that terrible basketball program, but waiting 6 months to b**** about it isn't going about it the right way. He called Spurrier out and Spurrier doesn't like that.

This whole stir was about Ellington, as Spurrier stated. Morris fabricated a story about Ellington and I can't blame Spurrier for expecting another farce of a story about Garcia's release. That hack had it coming, 6 months late or not.

Not classy? Can Dabo get a tee time at Augusta? ....yea I didn't think so.

LOL, I wondered how long it'd take you to bring up Clemson or Dabo in a conversation about Spurrier. Nice way to bring up Augusta in argument for "classiness." Especially considering this picture:

spurrierpeeing.jpg

Yep, that's the OBC, peeing in the woods at Augusta. That just pisses classiness.

Dude, admit that he's a jerk. He even knows it. He ran up the score on Kentucky because Ron Morris called him out about the offense here: http://www.thestate.com/2011/10/02/1993834/morris-gamecocks-offense-is-just.html

He can't take people endangering his ego. That article is the reason he ran up the score on Kentucky, and running a hurry up offense to score with 30 seconds left. (By the way, NOT classy.) He knew that if he said he was mad at Morris because of that article, people would laugh at him. So he reached back in his archives and pulled the Ellington story that Ron Morris wrote about Spurrier pulling Ellington from basketball.

Get on Dabo all you want. I'm not even that sure that he's even that much into golf, but he loves his players, and treats them with respect, but also discipline. Maybe if Garcia would've been given real discipline for once (5 suspensions and never missed a game?), he would have straightened up a little. But the fact is, Garcia failed a drug test last week, and then he's dismissed today??? That, my friend, is making sure your plan B works before scrapping plan A.

Spurrier is done. My guess is that his team quits on him soon.