Defense, the numbers don’t lie

And another thing - where in the world is Cameron Meredith these days? He seems darn near invisible since week 1 or week 2 when he had a couple sacks. What exactly has he accomplished lately?

He shaved off the stache, didn't he? The long hair just doesn't have the same superpowers as the Camstache did.

Yes, the obvious solution is to scrap a gap technique that has been used for top 10 defenses and teams that got to national title games. Great idea.

It amazes me that people really think it's as simple as telling the d-line to go play a completely new scheme and thinking it will work. Why not call for a 3-4 or 5-2 alignment while you're at it?

I promise if one of the best minds on the defensive side of the ball is struggling to figure it out, there isn't a single person on this board that can figure it out.

It's pretty simple to see what is happening, we don't a have dominant d-line like we had in the past, and we have a young secondary that is struggling without safety help as the safeties are having to stack the box to help stuff the run.

I think it will take an offseason to fix our defense in all honesty, we tried to get bigger and stronger across the board on D and it hasn't worked. Our front 7, minus David,is slow and weak, which is frustrating. Despite the rotating that we've seen on the d-line, they constantly look winded and wore out. I think you'll see some weight come off the front 7 next year some and us get back to a faster more attacking scheme.

Yes, the obvious solution is to scrap a gap technique that has been used for top 10 defenses and teams that got to national title games. Great idea.

It amazes me that people really think it's as simple as telling the d-line to go play a completely new scheme and thinking it will work. Why not call for a 3-4 or 5-2 alignment while you're at it?

I promise if one of the best minds on the defensive side of the ball is struggling to figure it out, there isn't a single person on this board that can figure it out.

It's pretty simple to see what is happening, we don't a have dominant d-line like we had in the past, and we have a young secondary that is struggling without safety help as the safeties are having to stack the box to help stuff the run.

I think it will take an offseason to fix our defense in all honesty, we tried to get bigger and stronger across the board on D and it hasn't worked. Our front 7, minus David,is slow and weak, which is frustrating. Despite the rotating that we've seen on the d-line, they constantly look winded and wore out. I think you'll see some weight come off the front 7 next year some and us get back to a faster more attacking scheme.

"If" you would actually read the posts on this thread you could comprehend that NOBODY is saying that dumping the 2 gap play is an ironclad solution. "Nobody". Are you still with me? One would think it's obvious that our proud blackshirts are getting ripped to shreds so of course there's speculation. How almost any idea could result in even worse play by our defense is difficult to imagine.

If one isn't even allowed to speculate on adapting to any total failure we have on the field then every NU forum would be shut down. Just stick head four foot deep in the sand and pretend everything is fine. Would that be your solution?

GBR!!