Missouri application to the SEC "imminent"

knapplc

There are SOOOOO many things that are absolutely wrong with what happened in 2007 with KU. I could spend thousands of words telling what a sham this was and how it ties into the bowl system and the sham that it is, here are just some quick basics.

#1 KU played a schedule that had an opponent W/L record of 74/76 (.493). Keep in mind this is adding in MU and VT which had a 23/5 combined record and that KU went 1/1 in those games. Meaning until MU and VT are added KU had played a 51/71 opponent schedule. (.418)

#2 Until KU played their bowl game they had beat one team all year that had a winning record. (Central Mich. 8-6)

#3 They finished second in the north and 3rd in the big12. Losing to Missouri and avoided playing the top 3 in the south, Oklahoma, Texas & TT

#4 FBI! You may remember a little ticket scandal recently that involved the KU AD's office and resulted in a number of people from the office being sent to federal pens. Oh and by the way they found nearly 9,000 unused boxed Orange bowl tickets during that investigation....

#5 which clearly gives credit to the number of people who spoke of an under the table deal from KU buy upfront all of KU's share of OB tickets plus any remaining unsold tickets if the OB picked KU

#6 Everyone in the freaking world of CFB knows that MU got shafted. MU won the division, won the head to head, was higher ranked in the coaches’ poll, AP poll and the BSC rankings.

#7 BCS games are great but mean very little. MU in the big east...how many bcs games by now..2..3... Does playing in a BSC game really mean that much? Look at the Missouri program, compare that to the kansas program, Hawaii program, Syracuse or Illinois ( who Mizzou also beat that year). And that’s not even going into the fact that the OB commish didn’t know that KU had lost to MU and finished behind them in the division when trying to explain their pick.

And finally addressing your big10 money could help KU, thats a sham also. The BSC game didnt help KU, no extra money will help KU. Only a miracle from God himself would bring that program to a level of consistent success. And by success i mean a bowl game. they have only been to 2 in a row once in their history and they barely did that with a 6 win regular season following that 'awesome 2007' team. And I seriously doubt a higher power will intervene to help a hapless football program; this isn’t angels in the backfield...

It clearly still annoys me, and everytime someone brings it up as a perceved slight towards MU and a plus to kansas it just looks dumb in my opinion. They just didnt belong there and trying to argue for that point is....well... you get it.

There are 3 kids of suns/sons in kansas; sunshine, sunflowers and sons of b*****s

Told ya Fro Daddy doesn't like to be reminded of this. :)

I've never thought of Missouri as Southern. Do they even serve sweet tea there?

No, but they did expend precious human capital in defense of slavery, if you pick up what I'm layin' down.

Plus, have you ever been to the Ozarks? It's like a meth-addled Appalachia that someone decided to build a country-western theme park city on. :)

yet Branson and the Ozarks are visited often by NE residents. NE is always at or near the top of tourism visitors to that corner or my lovely home state. Nebraskans must crave something down there in SW missouri.... chuckleshuffle

I hate to admit it, but I sort of like Branson too...

There are SOOOOO many things that are absolutely wrong with what happened in 2007 with KU. I could spend thousands of words telling what a sham this was and how it ties into the bowl system and the sham that it is, here are just some quick basics.

#1 KU played a schedule that had an opponent W/L record of 74/76 (.493). Keep in mind this is adding in MU and VT which had a 23/5 combined record and that KU went 1/1 in those games. Meaning until MU and VT are added KU had played a 51/71 opponent schedule. (.418)

#2 Until KU played their bowl game they had beat one team all year that had a winning record. (Central Mich. 8-6)

#3 They finished second in the north and 3rd in the big12. Losing to Missouri and avoided playing the top 3 in the south, Oklahoma, Texas & TT

#4 FBI! You may remember a little ticket scandal recently that involved the KU AD's office and resulted in a number of people from the office being sent to federal pens. Oh and by the way they found nearly 9,000 unused boxed Orange bowl tickets during that investigation....

#5 which clearly gives credit to the number of people who spoke of an under the table deal from KU buy upfront all of KU's share of OB tickets plus any remaining unsold tickets if the OB picked KU

#6 Everyone in the freaking world of CFB knows that MU got shafted. MU won the division, won the head to head, was higher ranked in the coaches’ poll, AP poll and the BSC rankings.

#7 BCS games are great but mean very little. MU in the big east...how many bcs games by now..2..3... Does playing in a BSC game really mean that much? Look at the Missouri program, compare that to the kansas program, Hawaii program, Syracuse or Illinois ( who Mizzou also beat that year). And that’s not even going into the fact that the OB commish didn’t know that KU had lost to MU and finished behind them in the division when trying to explain their pick.

And finally addressing your big10 money could help KU, thats a sham also. The BSC game didnt help KU, no extra money will help KU. Only a miracle from God himself would bring that program to a level of consistent success. And by success i mean a bowl game. they have only been to 2 in a row once in their history and they barely did that with a 6 win regular season following that 'awesome 2007' team. And I seriously doubt a higher power will intervene to help a hapless football program; this isn’t angels in the backfield...

It clearly still annoys me, and everytime someone brings it up as a perceved slight towards MU and a plus to kansas it just looks dumb in my opinion. They just didnt belong there and trying to argue for that point is....well... you get it.

There are 3 kids of suns/sons in kansas; sunshine, sunflowers and sons of b*****s

A tad bitter?

A few points

In the Big 12 title, you got walloped and your team quit. That hurt you. It also gave you 2 losses, one being ugly. We had one 8 point loss.

Also, you are factually wrong on our opponents. Oklahoma State had a winning record (you omit that, plus we beat them at their place), A&M had a winning record (you omit that, plus we are the ONLY team to beat them at Kyle field that year)

Also, teams like CU, Iowa State, K-State and even Toledo were all were around 500

KU travelled well to that Orange Bowl. I missed 9,000 open seats, not sure what that was about, but there was no big section empty.

Finally, we did win.... Lots of people thought Va. Tech had a legit claim to be in the title game that year...

My last comment, Mizzou did have a great team that year and it was unfortunate. The team that went to a BCS bowl game that did not deserve it was Illinois. They had 3 losses (one to Mizzou) and their being in over their head showed when they got blown out. KU had one of the best teams that year, definitely deserved a BCS bid. Mizzou had a great resume too and showed their quality in the Cotton Bowl. I don't disagree that Mizzou should have had a BCS appearance that year, but your rant overstates a few things and isn't very balanced. In the end, KU was 11-1 and lost one game by 8 points. We came back from 3 touch downs at then end of the 3 quarter and scored 21 points in the 4th quarter, and almost caught you. KU had a great team that year too...

Just to be super clear, I am really sad Mizzou is leaving. A really, really, really great rivalry will be hugely diminished. That sucks. Kansas City will lose even more of its college sports connection, that also will suck. I wish we were going to be in the same conference as MU. Looks like that isn't ever going to happen. I do honestly wish MU the best. I hate them, but I loved to hate them. One of my favorite things about college sports is again disappearing.

:(

...and again college sports gets less special. Not happy. I hope one day I don't wake up and it is all just minor league sports.