A&M Pres says it wasn't NU or MU that started the BigXII's demise

This isn't anything new, per se--we've known for a while that Scott and UT were as thick as thieves as far back as 2009. We didn't know they already had schedules completed for the six teams Texas wanted to take, which one can read as the Pac-10 and Texas thinking this was a slam-dunk.

It is refreshing to see a non-Nebraska publication (save for Dodd's article some time ago about how Texas kicked this all off) placing Texas in discussions and laying the blame of the current environment directly at their feet.

And, if anything, it appears that Texas may have overplayed their had with Larry Scott re: Bevo TV. I fully expect that Texas will have to ditch Bevo TV in order to move, should they feel it necessary in the upcoming years--that, or Texas will join the ranks of the independent--ranks which may thin soon enough.

This isn't anything new, per se--we've known for a while that Scott and UT were as thick as thieves as far back as 2009. We didn't know they already had schedules completed for the six teams Texas wanted to take, which one can read as the Pac-10 and Texas thinking this was a slam-dunk.

It is refreshing to see a non-Nebraska publication (save for Dodd's article some time ago about how Texas kicked this all off) placing Texas in discussions and laying the blame of the current environment directly at their feet.

And, if anything, it appears that Texas may have overplayed their had with Larry Scott re: Bevo TV. I fully expect that Texas will have to ditch Bevo TV in order to move, should they feel it necessary in the upcoming years--that, or Texas will join the ranks of the independent--ranks which may thin soon enough.

Where had we seen the 2009 interest from Texas? I have tried to stay up to date on all this as much as possible and I don't recall seeing anything that went back to 2009. The earliest I remember was in 2010 during the BigXII meetings in the spring where Pearlman said that Texas had been talking to the Pac-10. Now of course he could have been eluding to something that happened in 2009, but I don't recall that being spelled out. Not trying to call you out, I guess I just don't remember seeing it and wondered where I missed it.

I do agree that UT has overplayed their hand and it would appear as long as the LHN is around nobody other than the Big XII will play with them. This of course may mean the Big XII stays viable for much longer than most of us anticipated. If Texas can't go anywhere but independent they may be able to hold this thing together longer. I wonder if OU will stay as Bevo's biotch as long as they don't go undefeated and NOT get into the Championship game due to their weak schedule. If that happens they may bolt right away potentially even unhitching themselves from OSU, much to the chagrin of T. Boone Pickens. Of course, what the hell do I know! :)

Didn't Osborne say this exact same thing when it was announced we were heading to the B1G?

IIRC he said that other schools were looking around too. I know he and Pearlman were saying one school leaving doesn't end a conference but six schools leaving does. I think they also said that those schools were looking at the Pac-10, but I don't remember anybody saying it went back as far as 2009. This does validate to those outside Husker Nation that Nebraska did NOT start this process, nor did Missouri. If Texas started negotiating with the Pac10 in 2009 they certainly started this process.

What I find interesting is that Beebee told A&M that he would do anything to get them out of the conference, but Baylor was making it very difficult for them to leave. You would think Beebee would tell Baylor to shut it if that is what he told A&M.