GameDay questions from an MSU fan

Hi Everyone,

MSU fan here that will be traveling down to Lincoln for what should be a great game on Saturday. Anyways had a few questions for you. Do you have any recommendations on what to do for parking, I've read there is virtually no public parking around the stadium. Also if you have any other suggestions for bars or any other must sees around the area on gameday I would be very appreciative. Once again thanks for any information you can provide and welcome to the Big Ten, it is a pleasure to have a historic program like Nebraska in our conference.

And one other thing... Go Green!!!

Are you staying in Lincoln Friday night or driving in on game day?

There is more to Lincoln than the restaurants and bars. There is always time for that. If you get a chance, visit the State Capital Building. As a kid playing in there and going up to the top to throw paper airplanes out, I didn't really appreciate it, till I took my wife back there and went to see it again as an adult. Quite a work of art, once you learn about the building of it and where some of the tile, marble and sculptures in the interior were brought in from. If your interested in that kind of thing. Just the view from the top is worth the visit. Just to give you something else to think about maybe trying.

GBR!!!

If in town Fri night, (most likely) Go to misty's in Havelock. There is a big get together with cheerleaders and the pep band and good steaks, prime rib, you name it. If you want to enjoy a REALLY good pizza go to the ISLES right across the street. Then go down town afterwards and enjoy the night.

Make sure you eat at Runza. Or while you're at it, do what I do, order a Double cheeseburger combo meal, and a cheese runza sandwich. I'll keep saying it, the burgers at Runza are the best fast food burgers I have ever eaten. They are like the ones you make at home. Then the Runza sandwich after just takes it over the top!!

There's plenty of parking - you just might have to pay for it :D. There are a lot of lots around ranging anywhere from $5-20 for event parking, obviously they get more expensive the closer you get to the stadium. The city parking garages are $18 for an all day pass, and don't usually fill up that fast, there's also a lot of street parking available.

Given that it's an early game, I actually think you'll have an easier time finding parking as lots of the businesses downtown that attract guests won't be busy until after the game.

As far as where to go, I can't recommend the Single Barrel enough, actually noted as the best postgame spot in Lincoln (http://www.travelandleisure.com/articles/americas-best-college-football-stadiums/7), they'll also have the sidetrack band playing, which does cfb-themed parody songs. If you head downtown to O street, between about 13th and 15th, you'll get all the college bars, if that's your scene. There's a few good lounges around (Marz, Zen's), and some great restaurants down in the haymarket.