The BIG is perceived to be down this year, any thoughts?

Down year or up year, the B1G still has the top prize, "The Rose Bowl". The grand daddy of them all. I want to see the Huskers back there, to get their first win in that bowl. Unless its for the bcs n/c, once every four years, i think. We have a good shot at getting there quite often.

Maybe there are haters at some of these sports talk shows, that don't like the B1G because of that, but it does seem that the power is in the sec/big-12 this year. I remember a lot of us thought the big-10 was over rated for years, till we got in. lol.........

GBR!!!

I have actually said that to a couple people. There was always talk about the Big 10 and how they choked in bowl games and how Iowa would be good early only to finish with 9 wins. As soon as the move to the Big 10 happened all of a sudden everyone is sing the praises and strengths of the conference and how it would rival the SEC.

This crap of a conference being "down" or "up" is always so misconstrued all the time. The SEC is supposedly up with Alabama and LSU 1 and 2. Ok that's great, with 2 great teams and then 10 mediocres. But the Big 10 is down because it has numberous legitimate top 15 teams that beat up on each other throughout the season, thus resulting in multiple 1-3 loss teams and no one super powerhouse playing for the MNC. I dont say the Big 10 is down, it is just balanced.

If you listen to the talking heads at the 'Mother Ship' the SEC is the only conference on the planet. I say, "Hog wash!"

T_O_B

G>B>R

To be fair its difficult to argue with five straight BCS NCs in a row by four different teams and seven total (more than all other conf's combined) by five different teams.