Block on Marlowe's run?

dergibog

I'm not piling on EM for being who he is. I just disagreed with the assertion that you never see opposing players show immediate concern for their counterparts following a violent play.

Point made. Some players sometimes show concern for other players who are injured. That doesn't mean anything to the general thrust of the conversation we were having, but I'll agree with this statement.

And I agree with this. I type to read myself write.

The Spartan player kinda ducks a little and turns as the hit comes in from Eric. It seems the old coaching adage is true; you can reduce injuries by making the hit, not taking the hit.

That's why I get so nervous when Taylor Martinez stands up so straight when he runs and gets hit.

On kick return you should definitely have your head on a swivel looking for the defenders.

Lost in this thread was the answer to the OP's question, which irafreak answered correctly when posting his gif: the block was by Kyler Reed. Remember, the guy that wasn't allowed to play a single down against Minnesota because of his total lack of ability and/or willingness to block? :sarcasm

martin%20hit.gif

Martin's hit

Damn! I think Caveman knocked that guy out cold. Look at the guy's hands after the hit. Doesn't even react to break his fall.

This hit reminds me of the Courtney Osborne hit on Gabbert last yr. The offensive player turtled up to take the hit & caused the Helmet to Helmet hit. It was not a intentional helmet to helmet hit, but both players need to learn to keep their heads up. If this hit would have been on a QB I would have expected a flag.

If a ref would have saw this hit it would have been a flag. He led with his helmet. Not saying Martin is a dirty player, he just has a bad habit of dropping his head. It will catch up with him sometime, and he will be the one laying on the turf.