How about Nebraska v. Oklahoma in the Rose Bowl

Really people...let OU. vs NU. RIP. I remember watching the '71' game vividly and I can let it go. Lots of rampant insecurity going on here with that one. Cut the cord and fly Nebraska fans...You've got one thing that no other team in major college football can say they have...The best record over the last 40 years. Thats the most important tradition...Do I hear 50? Can I at least get an amen?

All people are doing is looking back on the NU/OU rivalry with nostalgia. It is not some pining, jilted-ex-girlfriend thing. It was good football and it was fun. There's nothing wrong with remembering it fondly. There's nothing wrong with thinking it might be fun to play them again, just like it's not wrong to think about playing Oregon, Boise St., Kansas, Iowa State, Missouri, Notre Dame, or to discuss upcoming games against UCLA, Miami, or anyone else.

The concept that you can't speak fondly about Oklahoma is more annoying than the people speaking fondly about Oklahoma.

With the exception that most of you come off like clingy, whiny, jilted ex-girlfriends. For christ's sake...let it go. It is sentiment that is, percentage wise, very one sided. With the majority of piners coming from the NU side...certainly not worth a 3 page message string. Have a little self respect and dignity.

Really people...let OU. vs NU. RIP. I remember watching the '71' game vividly and I can let it go. Lots of rampant insecurity going on here with that one. Cut the cord and fly Nebraska fans...You've got one thing that no other team in major college football can say they have...The best record over the last 40 years. Thats the most important tradition...Do I hear 50? Can I at least get an amen?

All people are doing is looking back on the NU/OU rivalry with nostalgia. It is not some pining, jilted-ex-girlfriend thing. It was good football and it was fun. There's nothing wrong with remembering it fondly. There's nothing wrong with thinking it might be fun to play them again, just like it's not wrong to think about playing Oregon, Boise St., Kansas, Iowa State, Missouri, Notre Dame, or to discuss upcoming games against UCLA, Miami, or anyone else.

The concept that you can't speak fondly about Oklahoma is more annoying than the people speaking fondly about Oklahoma.

With the exception that most of you come off like clingy, whiny, jilted ex-girlfriends. For christ's sake...let it go. It is sentiment that is, percentage wise, very one sided. With the majority of piners coming from the NU side...certainly not worth a 3 page message string. Have a little self respect and dignity.

Someone is Projecting.

The Rose bowl wants nothing to do with Oklahoma, nor any other team if there is a quality Pac 12 school to invite.

We all are forgetting that they have a championship game this year. I think Stanford loses to Oregon, and Oregon wins the conferenece championship against Arizona State. Stanford will get an at large invite if their only loss is Oregon.

Oregon is not going to the NC game so Big Ten and Pac 12 ties ins will prevail, the Rose Bowl has that as a given. They will alwasy match the Big Ten and the Pac 12 if there is any way to do it. They have stated so many times.

No way OU is going to the Rose Bowl. Even if Stanford plays there way into the NCG although highly unlikely(they trail Okie Lite by a huge margin). The Rose Bowl will take the conference runner up, assuming it meets BCS qualifications, which the team more than likely will. Okie Light seems to have inside track to NCG. So the Fiesta Bowl will likely take the next best team from the Big 12 which will be OU, assuming they win out and then lose to Okie Light.

Nebraska is going to the Rose Bowl only if they win conference(duh!). However Nebraska can get into the Fiesta and play OU. Here's how. Nebraska wins out and loses the CCG whether its to tOSU or Wisconsin and will be 11-2, more than likely ranked in top 10 BCS. The Fiesta Bowl I believe has the option of picking an at large team over the Big East champ this year. Nebraska has the inside the track over Boise and Oregon because its fanbase travels real well($$$$$$$$$$) and it hasnt been there since gawd knows how long. Nebraska fans will be excited to be back at a big time bowl and will come in droves.

HuskerScott--the Rose Bowl, much to the chagrin of the purists, would leap at the chance to bring in an Oklahoma or Oklahoma State if Stanford or Oregon win the Pac-12 and make it to the CCG. The conference drama alone would sell the game in a heartbeat, and OU or Okie Lite would probably wheel out Beebe for ESPN interviews leading up to the game to besmirch Nebraska and add to the tension.

That alone, if OU/Okie Lite are available and the Pac-12 champ makes it to the CCG, would make it happen.

Having said that, while I would certainly stop down for such a game, I wouldn't want it to happen in the Rose Bowl if, for no other reason, than to be good neighbors and good newbies for the Big 10. If an OU/Okie Lite Rose Bowl matchup happens, Nebraska's existence would be blamed for such a pairing, unfair or not, and would not help Nebraska get in/stay in the good graces of the Big 10 Presidents.

Now, if we do happen to drop the Big 10 Title Game bout but still retain a high ranking, then I think an at-large bid is not only feasible, but likely, especially if someone is looking for OU/Okie Lite to play. Again--drama sells, and seeing DoNU square off against embittered former conference mates makes for some good drama-filled TV.

This is why Nebraska has better chance at playing OU in the Fiesta Bowl rather than Rose Bowl.

Someone is Projecting.

That is absolutely hilarious considering your overdramatic assumptions about my original post on the subject. LOL. Is "projecting" a term that you just learned in a "Heal Your Inner Child" class that you are taking? Or maybe you are in a Psych 101 class or something and spreading your wings by applying these terms on a sports message board. LOL. Anyway...It'll be ok sunshine. Really...a link to such a common term? You have insulted me for the last time cad! lol. I'm not stoopid ya know. And I'm not insecure either....so stop talkin about me!

bowl tie-ins are dumb anyways. Match up the two best teams available. Period.

I agree.

For the past few years I was calling for bowl selections to be done like draft day.

The bowls select (bowl eligible) teams in order based on payout.

However teams would have the option to decline an invite.