How about Nebraska v. Oklahoma in the Rose Bowl

Look, I'm not saying Oklahoma and Nebraska would be a "bad" matchup in the Rose Bowl. I'm not saying you should kill the rivalry or that I don't consider it to be a great game. I never even said that the Rose Bowl is ALWAYS Pac-12 v. Big 10, all I'm saying is what I would like to see and how I would like things to be. For the most part, or at least since the 1940's that game has been Pac v. Big 10, that is our tradition which I welcome you to take part in. We as a conference really haven't asked that much of you, most of your big games so far have been AT Lincoln, we had to double down on trips we just made (like UW at MSU) to accomodate you and we had to cope with probably the most retarded nomenclature in modern CFB history. All that we ask is that you embrace us as your new bretheren and join in the tradition that makes the conference the most storied in the game...please, you're new and we like you, don't become the Big Ten's Texas.

Actually we had/have to play the top 3 teams from the other division, 2 of 3 on the road. We are playing at PSU, at the Big House, and at Camp Randall. Oh and by the way we're not getting the same amount of cash as the rest of the conference for a couple of years. So don't act like NU is coming into the conference and calling all our own shots. And the B1G vs. PAC absolutism ended with the BCS just like NU vs OU ended with the Big 12. In fact I seem to have a vague memory of Wisconsin playing a non-PAC school just last year.

That was because the Pac 10 Champion was playing in the NC Game. If the Big 10 & the Pac 12 Champions are not in the NC Game they will always play in each other in the Rose Bowl. We have about the same odds of making the NC Game as we do of facing Oklahoma in the Rose Bowl. Theres a chance but I wouldn't put my money on it.

I never even said that the Rose Bowl is ALWAYS Pac-12 v. Big 10, all I'm saying is what I would like to see and how I would like things to be.

And people here are just telling you what they would like to see. Just because your opinion and desires don't line up with some people's on here doesn't mean that we are "breaking your traditions." Also, don't expect people to just sit back and go along with everything you say. We get this label as "the greatest fans in college football." We will be nice to you but if u start throwing bows, expect us to stick up for our team. The Rose Bowl hasn't been exclusive to B1G vs Pac12 so I don't really see the big deal of pausing (not ending) tradition, to accommodate a college football tradition that will be enjoyed very rarely in the future. Doesn't seem too unreasonable to me or like too much to ask for. Then again, neither you, nor I have the power to make this happen.

We as a conference really haven't asked that much of you.

Oh gee, thanks for being so nicey nice and accommodating to us. And thanks for giving us the HARDEST possible schedule in the B1G for our first season. FYI, you don't have the authority to ask for ANYTHING from us. Only Jim Delany does. You really haven't done anything but sit back and watch your TV. LOL

All that we ask is that you embrace us as your new bretheren and join in the tradition that makes the conference the most storied in the game...please

I won't speak for others but the Rose Bowl is definitely not what makes the B1G the most storied in the game. Sorry.

For most people Nebraska-Oklahoma doesn't even register as a rivalry. For most people Wisconsin doesn't even register as a football team.

Fixed it for you. :thumbs

48-17

5 National Championships....................LMAO

You really laughed that hard over that?

Yeah, it was just as funny as his 48-17 post.

I never even said that the Rose Bowl is ALWAYS Pac-12 v. Big 10, all I'm saying is what I would like to see and how I would like things to be.

And people here are just telling you what they would like to see. Just because your opinion and desires don't line up with some people's on here doesn't mean that we are "breaking your traditions." Also, don't expect people to just sit back and go along with everything you say. We get this label as "the greatest fans in college football." We will be nice to you but if u start throwing bows, expect us to stick up for our team. The Rose Bowl hasn't been exclusive to B1G vs Pac12 so I don't really see the big deal of pausing (not ending) tradition, to accommodate a college football tradition that will be enjoyed very rarely in the future. Doesn't seem too unreasonable to me or like too much to ask for. Then again, neither you, nor I have the power to make this happen.

We as a conference really haven't asked that much of you.

Oh gee, thanks for being so nicey nice and accommodating to us. And thanks for giving us the HARDEST possible schedule in the B1G for our first season. FYI, you don't have the authority to ask for ANYTHING from us. Only Jim Delany does. You really haven't done anything but sit back and watch your TV. LOL

All that we ask is that you embrace us as your new bretheren and join in the tradition that makes the conference the most storied in the game...please

I won't speak for others but the Rose Bowl is definitely not what makes the B1G the most storied in the game. Sorry.

You're taking me way too seriously sir

One more thing, as we beat this into the ground. The tradition was for the conference champions to play each other. Playing some other team in the conference isn't part of that. Well, ok, many years ago you had the no-repeat rule so sometimes a runner up would go. Not so excited about keeping things that went away 40 years ago alive.

I love how I'm able to completely murder the original topic of a thread, you see how much power you've given me.

I've succeeded in turning Husker fans in to tradition shreding iconoclasts, how awesome is that?!? Where's my popcorn?

One more thing, as we beat this into the ground. The tradition was for the conference champions to play each other. Playing some other team in the conference isn't part of that. Well, ok, many years ago you had the no-repeat rule so sometimes a runner up would go. Not so excited about keeping things that went away 40 years ago alive.

I love how I'm able to completely murder the original topic of a thread, you see how much power you've given me.

I've succeeded in turning Husker fans in to tradition shreding iconoclats, how awesome is that?!? Where's my popcorn?

You've succeeded in making yourself look like a fool is what you've done. Awesome, yes.

I've succeeded in turning Husker fans in to tradition shreding iconoclats, how awesome is that?!? Where's my popcorn?

You've succeeded in making yourself look like a fool is what you've done. Awesome, yes.

Ok so NU fans are right for favoring their tradition

I'm a fool for favoring mine.

Yea makes sense...

That said, I'd rather play a Pac 8/10/12/16 team in the Rose Bowl, it would be an easier win.

I've succeeded in turning Husker fans in to tradition shreding iconoclasts, how awesome is that?!? Where's my popcorn?

Now to open up an iconoclastic topic...

... that worked for Penn State in 1994 and Michigan in 1997!

Ok so NU fans are right for favoring their tradition

I'm a fool for favoring mine.

Yea makes sense...

No, I didn't say that's why you are acting like a fool. HuskerBCS already quoted your poor arguments so I won't bother doing it again. I'm done with this.

I Don't understand how my arguments are poor, they're all pretty well founded....the Rose Bowl is widely recognized as a traditionally Pac 10 - Big 10 bowl. I'm also sorry I don't agree with you but considering the fact that NU has been offered a chance to play OU in a home-home series and hasn't jumped on kind of proves to me that your own school doesn't care about this game.