At this point, how does the B1G compare to Big XII?

I like the level of football in the B12 but for everything else it's the B1G. Also, it just feels weird not knowing much about 1/2 these teams in the B1G. For instance, I never knew that WI had CU-like scum fans..... For all the talk about how Alvarez molded their program after NU's from copying our uni's right down to the style of football...... it's surprising.

Believe it or not we've been wearing cardinal and white for a while, actually a year longer than the Huskers...oh and we won a few games before Alvarez as well. I know its surprising...

Wisconsin ripping NU is kind of a poor point in my book. Barry never coached there, he was a linebacker. It pains me to say it but if any place influenced him it was Iowa and Hayden Fry where he spent the most time as a coach before UW.

yea and our fans are scum yours are saints blah blah blah

Alvarez coached in the state of Nebraska though. Head coach out at Lexington High School and at Lincoln Northeast High School. And did you not hear in that week leading up to the NU-UW game, that he built YOUR program after the one Devaney had built here at Nebraska???

Okay people, enough with this. The thread was not B1G v B12 and where did Alvarez like the best to mold a program after?

Can we please stay on topic here?

As far as this thread, I feel like the B1G is a better fit in all aspects. I do miss Oklahoma and the old Big 8 teams but not as much as I am excited for the new match-ups we have here in the B1G.

With the depth question, I would say right now the Big 12 is far superior in football at the top as others have said but if you look at the match-ups:

Wisconsin - oSu

Nebraska - OU

Michigan St. - aTm

Ohio St. - TTU

Michigan - Texas

Penn St - Mizzou

Iowa - KSt

Illinois - Baylor

Purdue - Iowa State

Indiana

Minnesota

The Big 12's top 3 teams I think would definitely beat our (man it feels weird saying that) top 3, but after that I think the B1G wins all the other games.

Oh, and yes I did put OU/NU #2 so they could match up with each other. I actually think the argument could be made that right now both are the best in their respective conferences but both could drop at the end of November depending on what happens on the field.

I would agree with the top notion.. However, if we didn't lose Pryor and the rest of the team I think we would have been OU good. Of course, it is what it is.. no excuses.