Most disappointing Husker game you have seen

For me it was the 1987 "game of the century" part two. OU won 17-7. I was 10 years old and highly emotional. The build up that week was intense. There was a rap song made about the game leading up to it that I recorded off the radio. It was called "Hell raising tour 87". I listened to that over and over again. I counted down the hours till kickoff starting the previous Monday. Jamalle Holloway was hurt and OU squeaked by Missouri when we killed.them. I was sure the Skers would win. Keith Jones scored first, but OU whipped the huskers up and down the field. I had to be constantly reminded that the sun would come up the next morning. A close second was when Tyreese Knox fumbled away a win against FSU that year. 87 was also the last year we had the kind of players to hang with the Florida teams until 1993. It seems the older you get the less a loss bothers you. It still makes me mad, but not like when I was a kid.

In the Callahan era, when Oklahoma State was up 35-0 by halftime. I felt sorry for the Maximus bar in Columbus, as they lost at least a couple thousand dollars in business when everybody left halfway through the game. People didn't even get settled in and get their appetizers before the game was over, for all practical purposes.

We needed to get one of those corkscrew dog anchors and a short chain to keep Corey McKeon from leaving his gap when playing the run.

Worst game I have seen was being at Memorial Stadium for Nebraska's 13-28 loss to Colorado. It wasn't a huge blowout, but by the end of the first half, the Boo Birds were out in full force. Who knows if fan support would have made a difference, but the game was on National TV, and I'm sure this didn't say a lot about Cornhusker Fans. Then again, having drunk, obnoxious Colorado fans in our area didn't help any either.

Top 3

3) 1994 Orange Bowl vs Florida State. I was convinced God hated Nebraska and we would never win a National Championship.

2) 2001 Colorado. My 21st birthday party was for that game...Needless to say, I got fitshaced.

1) My 1st game was in 1992 at Iowa State. I was 12 yrs old. Nebraska had just got done pounding top 10 opponents back to back weeks during Tommie Frazier's freshman season and we lose 19-10. Iowa State fans had no problem talking s&*$ to a 12 year old. First taste of d-bag opponents on the road.

Honorable Mention: I'm 0-6 at games away from Memorial Stadium. L's include @ Iowa State 1992, 2002 Rose Bowl, 2006 Big 12 Championship, 2007 Cotton Bowl, 2010 Big 12 Championship, and @ Wisconsin 2011. FML...

You are hereby not allowed to attend any away Nebraska games. Geesh, what bad luck.

January 1, 1994 Orange Bowl against FSU. Being ~17pt dogs...phantom clip on punt return TD...our Defense playing their asses off...drama at the end...incredible atmosphere. I didn't think we were going to win..which made it all the worse when we had the chance for the FG and the win. :01

Don't forget William Floyd's fumble at our 2 yard line that Peters recovered in the end zone and the refs called it a TD. If we had instant replay back then, NU would have had the ball at the 20 and FSU would have been dead even with the phantom clipping call in which the flag wasn't thrown until Baul had just blew by their punter at their 40 yard line and the flag was thrown way back at our 30 just to give people that didn't see it a visual as to how late that flag was.

It's also a little known fact that Frazier was the only player in Orange Bowl history to be named the MVP of the game and played for the losing team.

• Fire 1

I was in Columbia in 2007. Lived in St Louis at the time and was talking all kinds of smack to my friends. Needless to say it was all for not as we were bent over 41-6. The game was horrible not only b/c we lost, but b/c in my opinion Mizzou fans are the worst fans in football and because I had GA tickets that game which means I had to sit on those stupid rocks in their high school stadium. At halftime was bumped into and talked yelled at by a 50 yr old woman who was completely hammered (admittedly so was i) and almost got in a fight with a 13 yr old kid that was talking sh** the entire 2nd half. Finally I was like "where's your dad" and he goes "right behind you" LOL. Luckily my girlfriend was there to keep me out of trouble.

Then to top it all off, on the way out of the stadium there was literally a bum selling a Mizzou shirt with their mascot pissing on poor Herbie. That sent me over the top and I went off. Then my girl and I got in a screaming match which had to look like something off Maury since I was in my Neb gear and she had on a Mizzou shirt. Worse night of my life. Only positive was that game was the start of the streak that led to Callahan getting fired.

Conversely, the best game I was at was the Miracle in Mizzery in 97. Was a freshman at Truman State just down the road in Kirksville. Met my dad in Columbia and had a great time (after halftime of course). Anytime I'm having a bad day I just think back to the end of regulation when all the fans stormed the field and were then tackled and cuffed by the cops for trespassing. Priceless.

I was at both of these games against the mullets too. We had the same experience with their fans. I almost got into fights since a bunch of drunk dumb asses started talking sh#t to my wife. They can talk sh#t to me, but leave the wife out of it. But then she made me proud and almost took on two female mullet fans because they wouldn't leave her alone as we were walking out of the stadium. Not bad for a 5'3 110lb woman who would have been outweigh by at least 30-40lbs by each of them.

Any game against Texas. It didn't matter who the coach was. TO lost to them in the CCG which cost us a NC. Frank's 2002 game in which Lord throws an INT into double coverage at their goal line when the underneath slant is a wide open TD. Nunn's fumble in 2006 during the BC era. Just fall down and the game is over you dumbsass! And then the CCG in which Bo lost to them not only because of the .01 but we kicked the ball out of bounds which gave them great field position in the first place. Then you throw in a horse collar PF and we gave them 50 yards on that drive.

Yes even Bobby Bowden , when interviewed says the Huskers outplayed them , in fact after the game Bowden said " I'm not so sure Nebraska did beat us ". That game was as much of a farce as last years A&M game. Great job pointing out Frazier being named the MVP of that bowl and also ; Frazier was named the MVP of the next two national championship bowl games , IN FACT FRAZIER WAS MVP OF THREE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES in a row , and if that doesnt get you a Heisman and also into the College football hall of game , both are beyond ridiculous. The Heisman should be renamed the TOMMIE FRAZIER HEISMAN AWARD and they should shut down the college football hall of fame for their slighting of Frazier the last time he was up for enshrining. Talk about UNDER APPRECIATED.

January 1, 1994 Orange Bowl against FSU. Being ~17pt dogs...phantom clip on punt return TD...our Defense playing their asses off...drama at the end...incredible atmosphere. I didn't think we were going to win..which made it all the worse when we had the chance for the FG and the win. :01

Don't forget William Floyd's fumble at our 2 yard line that Peters recovered in the end zone and the refs called it a TD. If we had instant replay back then, NU would have had the ball at the 20 and FSU would have been dead even with the phantom clipping call in which the flag wasn't thrown until Baul had just blew by their punter at their 40 yard line and the flag was thrown way back at our 30 just to give people that didn't see it a visual as to how late that flag was.

It's also a little known fact that Frazier was the only player in Orange Bowl history to be named the MVP of the game and played for the losing team.

Toughest losses - FSU in the Orange Bowl - 1994, Texas in Big XII Championship game - 2009. Extremely hard losses to swallow, but in both games, we were over 17 pt underdogs. The team played well and earned a lot of respect in defeat. I was very proud to be a Husker fan despite these losses.

The Callahan years had a lot of disappointment, but that entire regime was a fiasco, so I consider it a wash.

Most disappointing - I'd say the Northwestern loss yesterday and the ISU loss in 2009. In both circumstances, the team came out very flat and never seemed to be "in the game." We have to avoid having let downs like this at home.

Perhaps it's Bo's "roller coaster of emotion" that causes the team to come out unprepared at times?

Mine will be in chronological order...being in California I have not had the opportunity to see most of these, so I will include ALL the most disapointing to me, including games I have only watched on TV.

1972 - NU vs UCLA 17 -20 (out here in Cali, coming off back-to-back undefeated national championships and lose)

1979 - NU vs OU Orang Bowl - 24 - 31 (after finally beating OU in `78, the powers that be put us back up against them in a rematch in the Orange bowl...which we lost)

1982 - Nu vs Clemson 15 - 22 (ranked 4 going in against #1 Clemson. Earlier that day #2 and #3 lost....most likely made this for a national title)

1982 - NU vs Penn State 24 - 27 ( bad call on a catch clearly 3 yards out of bounds kept drive alive for them to go ahead and win. Our only loss in what would have easily been a national championship season)

1984 - NU vs Miami 30 - 31 (we spottem them 17 points and came back with a chance to tie or win for the national title. The two point conversion for the win was just barely tipped away)

1986 - NU vs Michigan 23 - 27 (Steve Tayler the freshman QB couldn't quite get it done. I had a big Mich. fan at work who talked a lot of crap....that's the only reason this is on my list)

1986 - NU vs OU 17-20 (late in the 4th quarter we had the ball and a 17-10 lead. We were moving the ball down the field and Brian Bosworth strips the ball from Kieth Jones and recovers the fumble. OU scores a quick TD to tie, holds us, and hits the field goal to win all in the last couple of minutes of the game

1994 NU vs FSU 16 - 18 (for the national title. FSU's only TD was actually a fumble into the end zone at about the 1 and a half yard line, the phantom clip, the relentless holding on Trev Alberts, and in the end missing a field goal that still would have won us the game)

1999 NU vs Texas 20 - 24 (Buckhalter going in for a TD fumbles on the half-yard-line. We go on to lose by 4 in an otherwise undefeated season where we had what was the best team in college football and could have played for and won a national title. We did beat an excellent Tennesee team in the Fiesta Bowl, but what could have been....)

2009 NU vs VTech 15 - 16 (had them beat and then that last long completion...damn)

2009 NU vs Texas 12 - 10 (no I did not get the score wrong...we won that freaking game 12 to 10...I don't care what Beebe's refs in the booth say)

Mine will be in chronological order...being in California I have not had the opportunity to see most of these, so I will include ALL the most disapointing to me, including games I have only watched on TV.

1972 - NU vs UCLA 17 -20 (out here in Cali, coming off back-to-back undefeated national championships and lose)

1979 - NU vs OU Orang Bowl - 31 - 24 (after finally beating OU in `78, the powers that be put us back up against them in a rematch in the Orange bowl...which we lost)

1982 - Nu vs Clemson 15 - 22 (ranked 4 going in against #1 Clemson. Earlier that day #2 and #3 lost....most likely made this for a national title)

1982 - NU vs Penn State 24 - 27 ( bad call on a catch clearly 3 yards out of bounds kept drive alive for them to go ahead and win. Our only loss in what would have easily been a national championship season)

1984 - NU vs Miami 30 - 31 (we spottem them 17 points and came back with a chance to tie or win for the national title. The two point conversion for the win was just barely tipped away)

1986 - NU vs Michigan 23 - 27 (Steve Tayler the freshman QB couldn't quite get it done. I had a big Mich. fan at work who talked a lot of crap....that's the only reason this is on my list)

1986 - NU vs OU 17-20 (late in the 4th quarter we had the ball and a 17-10 lead. We were moving the ball down the field and Brian Bosworth strips the ball from Kieth Jones and recovers the fumble. OU scores a quick TD to tie, holds us, and hits the field goal to win all in the last couple of minutes of the game

1994 NU vs FSU 16 - 18 (for the national title. FSU's only TD was actually a fumble into the end zone at about the 1 and a half yard line, the phantom clip, the relentless holding on Trev Alberts, and in the end missing a field goal that still would have won us the game)

1999 NU vs Texas 20 - 24 (Buckhalter going in for a TD fumbles on the half-yard-line. We go on to lose by 4 in an otherwise undefeated season where we had what was the best team in college football and could have played for and won a national title. We did beat an excellent Tennesee team in the Fiesta Bowl, but what could have been....)

2009 NU vs VTech 15 - 16 (had them beat and then that last long completion...damn)

2009 NU vs Texas 12 - 10 (no I did not get the score wrong...we won that freaking game 12 to 6...I don't care what Beebe's refs in the booth say)

Fixed it for you. Their lone TD was set up by a bullsh#t PI call. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and assumed they would have made the FG on that drive.

1979 - NU vs OU Orang Bowl - 31 - 24 (after finally beating OU in `78, the powers that be put us back up against them in a rematch in the Orange bowl...which we lost)

2009 NU vs Texas 12 - 10 (no I did not get the score wrong...we won that freaking game 12 to 6...I don't care what Beebe's refs in the booth say)

Fixed it for you. Their lone TD was set up by a bullsh#t PI call. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and assumed they would have made the FG on that drive.

You are right...thank you I missed that