Some of you guys are delusional

Well to start we dont recruit nebraska and havent really done that in years, hints the reason we have walks on. Also i could care less about how we cant compete with other schools in recruiting, we have always had a disadvantage in that area due to location, climate ect... And i will take a coach that can develop and teach talent any day over a great recruiter, look at TO and other good coaches. Are you saying Mac Brown is awesome because he gets all the talent, becuase Mac Brown is terrible?? We were a top 5 class in recruiting before, remember Billy boy, he got alot of big names and couldnt develop anyone. And to say memorial stadium isnt anything impressive is an absolute joke, is it the best in the nation no but its in the top 10 or 15. Here is the thing with Bo, STOP PLAYING BAD 6 GAMES A YEAR!! Stop letting the fans label you as a defensive genius when you have one scheme and if you dont have the players you cant adapt. I have realized that most coaches are basic gym teachers that know one scheme and if you can beat that one scheme you beat them. The great coaches like TO are typically a very intelligent person and no how to adapt and counter act. I am by no way saying Bo isnt intelligent, i am sure he is, but we keep running the same base d and keep getting ran all over and on offense we have about 3 to 5 basic plays that we run 95% of the game. Also please stop hiring high schools buddies of yours, this isnt youngstown st. To say Nebraska isnt a top job is way off base, there are alot of good coahes we could go after, however everyone cringes if is isnt a quote a "NEBRASKA GUY",

Bo and Carl tried more complicated and complexed schemes, but you know what happens when you have the youth we have this year? Do you? How's about Missouri 08, Oklahoma 08, Washington, Fresno, and Wisconsin of this year. It was publicly said by a coach that things were simplified simply because these young players were being overcoached and were just not sure of themselves anymore. Complex schemes are great when you have 3 NFL seniors in the secondary, or Suh on the d-line, but we dont so they manage with what they got. I dont see what was so bad about the D yesterday for NW gives every D they play fits. Our D was tremendous for the 2nd qtr but our offense didnt take advantage of opportunities.

Itsalways been tough to recruit against sch00ls with warm weather climes.

Memorial Stadium is a Shrine. Shame on you.

Don't recruit Nebraska kids? These young men help to solidfy the Nebraska Tradition. One of Callies biggest mistakes. Again shame on you.

And, "Again shame on you.'

T_O_B

G>B>R

Im not saiyng dont recruit Nebraska kids, but lets face it, Nebraska hs football is crap compared to other states. We shouldnt have so many nebraska kids see as much playing time at any positions unless they are oline (besides kids from omaha and maybe lincoln). Memorial stadium is a nice stadium but i can name 10 other stadiums that are better.

im sorry but if you cant expect to compete for MNCs then you shouldnt even play the game. the only part about your post that i agree with is that Bo is doing a fine job and will get better. But we can and will compete with every program on your list. if we cant then why watch? if we cant now then why could we in the past? seems like a stupid argument to me...

We wont be able to compete for nc's year in and year out like people think. Maybe once in a little while we can compete for one but this isnt the 90's, other programs have passed us and emphasize football just as much as we do and put just as much money into it now.

Let me explain the "not recruting many nebraska kids" point. Nebraska is the bottom tier in the u.s. when it comes to high school football. Therefore, its harder to evaluate some of the "talent" because of the low talent of other nebraska kids, especially in class b, c and schools. HS kids in other states play against better compeition, therefore it would be easier to evaluate them.

Let me explain the "not recruting many nebraska kids" point. Nebraska is the bottom tier in the u.s. when it comes to high school football. Therefore, its harder to evaluate some of the "talent" because of the low talent of other nebraska kids, especially in class b, c and schools. HS kids in other states play against better compeition, therefore it would be easier to evaluate them.

you are not wrong. we can be a team of neb. boys, and be terrible. or be a team of nationally recruited boys, and have a chance to compete. it can not be both.

This is college football - crazy stuff happens all the time and inconsistency is typically the only constant.

That's why it's so hard for teams to go undefeated. That's why dynasties are so rare.

We are privileged to have witnessed the 90's run by Nebraska as fans. Not many fan bases can wax nostalgic like a Husker fan...

It's childish to demand that same sort of performance before you can appreciate your team again.

Not being satisfied until we 3-peat national championship seasons.... well, that's in our blood.

Until then, I'll enjoy all Husker games - win, lose (or whatever you call the 2010 CCG vs. Texas)

Well to start we dont recruit nebraska and havent really done that in years, hints the reason we have walks on. Also i could care less about how we cant compete with other schools in recruiting, we have always had a disadvantage in that area due to location, climate ect... And i will take a coach that can develop and teach talent any day over a great recruiter, look at TO and other good coaches. Are you saying Mac Brown is awesome because he gets all the talent, becuase Mac Brown is terrible?? We were a top 5 class in recruiting before, remember Billy boy, he got alot of big names and couldnt develop anyone. And to say memorial stadium isnt anything impressive is an absolute joke, is it the best in the nation no but its in the top 10 or 15. Here is the thing with Bo, STOP PLAYING BAD 6 GAMES A YEAR!! Stop letting the fans label you as a defensive genius when you have one scheme and if you dont have the players you cant adapt. I have realized that most coaches are basic gym teachers that know one scheme and if you can beat that one scheme you beat them. The great coaches like TO are typically a very intelligent person and no how to adapt and counter act. I am by no way saying Bo isnt intelligent, i am sure he is, but we keep running the same base d and keep getting ran all over and on offense we have about 3 to 5 basic plays that we run 95% of the game. Also please stop hiring high schools buddies of yours, this isnt youngstown st. To say Nebraska isnt a top job is way off base, there are alot of good coahes we could go after, however everyone cringes if is isnt a quote a "NEBRASKA GUY",

Bo and Carl tried more complicated and complexed schemes, but you know what happens when you have the youth we have this year? Do you? How's about Missouri 08, Oklahoma 08, Washington, Fresno, and Wisconsin of this year. It was publicly said by a coach that things were simplified simply because these young players were being overcoached and were just not sure of themselves anymore. Complex schemes are great when you have 3 NFL seniors in the secondary, or Suh on the d-line, but we dont so they manage with what they got. I dont see what was so bad about the D yesterday for NW gives every D they play fits. Our D was tremendous for the 2nd qtr but our offense didnt take advantage of opportunities.

I never said we needed to be more complicated on d, just i would like to see us mix up the blitzes more. I would like to see David and compton coming up the middle and cb blitzes from the outside a bit more often, also when NW went on the 12 play drive where they ran on every play i would have liked to see our safeties up almost where the lbs are. Yes i agree we are young but we are also 3/4 of the way through the season, just because a team is young everyone gives them built in excuses to play bad.

What Nebraska guys are you referring to? Andrew Rodriguez was a four star recruit - you need to grab him. Lance Thorell was a walk-on, so the fact that he's starting has more to do with the lack of depth around him more-so than recruiting Nebraska boys.

Im not saying we should never recruit them, im saying we recruit/give scholarships to too many. May is horrible, Cassidy is not a good safety, blatchford. We have 68 Nebraska boys on the roster, which is half the roster. Thats too many imo and recruiting mre out of state would make more depth and more competition.

While we're discussing walk-ons and half of you want us to destroy our amazing walk-on program... Anybody wish Alex Henery would have chosen to take a scholarship else where? No one can be happy here!

no one wants it scrapped. clearly he earned his starter spot. that can not be said for everyone.

While we're discussing walk-ons and half of you want us to destroy our amazing walk-on program... Anybody wish Alex Henery would have chosen to take a scholarship else where? No one can be happy here!

no one wants it scrapped. clearly he earned his starter spot. that can not be said for everyone.

What is up with everyone in this thread? Bo is going to play the best player, whether they're a walk-on or not. Its not like he gives preference to the walk-on guys for some reason. Don't be absurd.

What is up with everyone in this thread? Bo is going to play the best player, whether they're a walk-on or not. Its not like he gives preference to the walk-on guys for some reason. Don't be absurd.

i agree. i really should not have gotten involved. i was not paying much attention, i just agreed that nebraska has sub-par high school football.

as far as the bad secondary play, i blame the coaches. the blame for our defensive downfall has to fall with the coaching staff. it is bad play calling, bad preparation, bad coaching, or some combination. the problem is the best player is thorrell, that falls on the coaches. either bo needs to coach him be better, or coach the starters to be better, or bo needs to get better players.

I'm not quite sure what you're saying what the problem with the walk on program is. That because someone walks on to just wear a jersey and be a practice dummy that there are potential high quality recruits that are being ignored?

I'm not quite sure what you're saying what the problem with the walk on program is. That because someone walks on to just wear a jersey and be a practice dummy that there are potential high quality recruits that are being ignored?

i'm really not saying that at all. i made an egregious mistake of getting involved in this. but earlier it looked like people were saying that it is a shame not to recruit in nebraska, and i was just agreeing with the guy who said there just is not much talent in nebraska. and next thing i know, i am embroiled is a quagmire i never bargained for.