Bo v. Saban & Miles after first four years - - now shut up!

It's people that say "fire pelini" that really make me question why I read this board. If coaching is so easy why don't we all do it? Last week we loved him and this week everyone is saying his players are terrible, he's lost the team, he can't coach, he's an awful recruiter, and on and on. He IS the perfect coach for Nebraska, a hard nosed, no nonsense, tough minded individual and here people are trying to get rid of him after 4 seasons. Why don't all you non-supporters go back to your armchair, open a frash bag of potato chips, start another season on NCAA '12, and comment to yourself on how if you were coach you would do a better job. This board is for fans.

I think the Rivals recruiting rates are not particularly good predictors of final team ratings in the polls. I've tracked the Rival's ratings for a number of years. I combine the prior 4 years of ratings for each team and then use that overall recruiting average to predict the outcome at the end of the year. This was the Rival's recruiting average rating in 2010.

Recruiting

Prediction Team Actual Top 25 Finish in 2010

#1 USC unranked

#2 Florida unranked

#3 Alabama #11

#4 LSU #8

#5 Texas unranked

#6 OU #6

#7 Georgia unranked

#8 ND unranked

#9 FSU #16

#10 Ohio St #5

I'm convinced that once you have a certain minimum level of talent, then coaching is the real key to success.