How good is Stoopsy?

He has had some good classes, but how many of those kids are still there? Bringing in the best recruiting classes isn't going to help you much if half of those classes are gone by the time they are jr. and sr.

OU has lost 12 of their 24 members of the #7 recruiting class of 2002. That is key considering those players would either be sr. or rjr. That is probably part of the reason why they have 2 fr. playing at safety.

OU is struggling just like we did in 02. Why? Because just like Frankie leaving Crouch in to get some stats, Stoops left White in to get more points. They have QB that has played in 7 games, a whole new offensive line, and new recievers. I believe they play like 11 freshmen. So of course they are going to get beat more or play in more close games then they have been the last few years.

To answer your question though, I think and have always thought Bob was overrated. He needs his brother there running the defense.

I would say very, very good, maybe great. 3 NC games, one trophy, a couple of Big12 trophies, pretty good numbers. I'd love to have him as a HC :thumbs

If it not for him, Stevie Ballcoach may not have won the NC at FU.

And his former assistants have proven to be pretty good coaches, too, much like Hayden Frey's.

And his former assistants have proven to be pretty good coaches, too, much like Hayden Frey's.

Are you saying Norvell is good since he was under both Stoops and Fry? Mark it down time and date. :thumbs

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH BURN!!!!!!!!!!

Gentlemen, lets not get ahead of ourselves, okay ;) I honestly forgot that he was one of Frey's assistants, and I wasnt aware that he was under Stoops.....hmmm.

If you want to discuss that topic, whether jay n. is a good coach or not, that would be a good topic. Can you say that you are honestly impressed from what you have seen out of him at NU, in regards to qb play, and his ability as an "offensive coordinator??" Refresh my memory, was he the QB or the TE coach at Oakland??

PS-I was referring the the abundance of other very good assistants that coached for these guys :thumbs

I think there are a couple of reasons OU is having to rebuild this year rather than reload. It has been alluded to that White was left in the game too much. Yes, this is true. However with the great system we are in now, it's a must especially last year where there were 3 undefeated teams. However, the QB starting now at OU couldn't even play last year because he was redshirting. So, I'm not sure taking White out more would have helped much.

One of the biggest problems I see at OU is the fact that they seem to lose coaches every year who get better opportunities elsewhere. It's a lot like Snyder and KState. Both Bob Stoops and Mike Stoops started at KState. It's hard to keep a program at the top when you continually lose consistancy with your coaching staff. Stoops has lost his brother, Mangino, Pelini, and I'm not sure who else the past few years. It's a lot like the New England Patriots losing coaches. I don't know whether they'll win it all this year, but it's a lot tougher when you lose the two coordinators that they did. It makes a head coaches job a lot tougher when he's trying to recruit and fill coaching vacancies. Luckily, we at NU didn't have to face this much in year's past. Whether or not that continues remains to be seen. With Coz's age and being the Dcoordinator at Wisonsin so long, I can't see him leaving. However, there are some other young coaches on BC's staff that we could see leaving in the next 2-5 years. It's just part of the process now.

Venables{sp} and Chuck Long have been there for a few years and they play major roles in every game. Long calls the offense and Venables calls the defense. As far as keeping White in to long the guy that started the season #1 was a back-up last year as was the QB that left for Utah. They never got any time and it showed with the kid that stayed. Leach is another guy that left the OU program for another job.