Game ball goes to...

I'm sayin' no gameball today. Guess I just don't like what I see.

Did you watch the game...what exactly didn't you like? You can't say there wasn't something good in the entire game...

You have me confused ... where did I say "there wasn't something good in the entire game"? I just didn't think there was a "game ball" to be given out. There are so many "little" things to Nebraska football ... things that are missing. It's all the "simple" things, the things that you expect ... ya know, good blocking, catching the ball ... no turnovers ... playing smart. I guess I thought that we should win this game by two TD's ... especially under the circumstances ... theirs and ours of coming off an uninspired loss.

Watch the game? Oh, you mean Nebraska played? :-)

Did you watch the game...what exactly didn't you like? You can't say there wasn't something good in the entire game...

You have me confused ... where did I say "there wasn't something good in the entire game"? I just didn't think there was a "game ball" to be given out. There are so many "little" things to Nebraska football ... things that are missing. It's all the "simple" things, the things that you expect ... ya know, good blocking, catching the ball ... no turnovers ... playing smart. I guess I thought that we should win this game by two TD's ... especially under the circumstances ... theirs and ours of coming off an uninspired loss.

Exactly! What did you see that was good in the game? Are you saying there wasn't anything good whatsoever? Of course there were things disappointing, but come on man, reward the good things!!

Exactly! What did you see that was good in the game? Are you saying there wasn't anything good whatsoever? Of course there were things disappointing, but come on man, reward the good things!!

It was a win ... that was good. I like that Martinez played well ... since I'm pulling for him. However, all I said was I didin't think there would be a game ball given out by me. You seem to take that as I don't see "anything good whatsoever". Might I suggest that you are taking my words and pushing me into some of the camp of Husker fans that are pretty negative about the Huskers ... even in a win. Again, all I said is I don't think I'd give out a game ball. In addition, although some have the view of "a win is a win" ... I don't like losing the way this team loses and their are wins that are "W's" in which you say, "did we win this"?

This is my last post on the thread ... the only thing I wanted to add to the thread was to say, "I wouldn't give out a game ball."

It was a win ... that was good. I like that Martinez played well ... since I'm pulling for him. However, all I said was I didin't think there would be a game ball given out by me. You seem to take that as I don't see "anything good whatsoever". Might I suggest that you are taking my words and pushing me into some of the camp of Husker fans that are pretty negative about the Huskers ... even in a win. Again, all I said is I don't think I'd give out a game ball. In addition, although some have the view of "a win is a win" ... I don't like losing the way this team loses and their are wins that are "W's" in which you say, "did we win this"?

This is my last post on the thread ... the only thing I wanted to add to the thread was to say, "I wouldn't give out a game ball."

It's ok, I will take what you said about Martinez playing well and give him the game ball for you...

And wasn't pushing you into either of the pro or negative husker camps, just was trying to get you to say that there was some positive to the game...

This game was a win....and nothing else. The Oline was less than mediocre, the entire defense looked soft and very unphysical, db's still have no clue how to make plays on the ball in the air, receivers had too many drops. I'd say the game ball would have to go to Martinez or Burkhead on O, and David on D. The rest of the team looked very meh today. However, a win is a win, and NU is now 8-2, with a very solid 10-2 season obtainable, so I'm happy. I'm sure glad we didn't play Okie State today.....good gravy.

The O line is beat up and they played against arguably the best D-line in the B1G. The run D in the first half looked pretty good, but gave up way to much later in the game. The DB's, minus Dennard who played a great game, should have had interceptions on at least two occasions but didn't. For the life of me I can't understand why when Taylor finally finds some efficiency passing our reciever just can't be consistant catching, maybe they just aren't expecting it to hit them in the hands or something. Burkhead bounced back nicely from last week and fought for some tough yardage. I think David gets the game ball for the critical 4th down stop at the end of the game.

It's ok, I will take what you said about Martinez playing well and give him the game ball for you...

And wasn't pushing you into either of the pro or negative husker camps, just was trying to get you to say that there was some positive to the game...

That's cool ArmyHusker. I'll break my "last past" comment to add this to the cool things about this game ... http://huskerextra.com/sports/football/article_617822bf-7103-5e8c-aeee-757b48b97898.html