Isn't Fickell a lame duck? I thought he was kept on as a courtesy. I don't think he's a permanent part of the staff.

Fickell was co-DC before he was promoted to interim HC. He's just going back to his co-DC role, which is why Meyer is trying to lure Stoops to be co-DC with Fickell.

I don't think there would be a clash of egos between Pelini and Stoops, at least any more than there is between Bo and Carl. Bo and Mike have been good friends since high school, and I think they'd probably just like the chance to reunite and work together again. At the end of the day, they're both fiery, competitive guys, and they're going to be focused on getting wins on the football field more than they're worried about any philosophical differences in coaching or scheme.

I am all for the potential Mike Stoops hire, but here is a name I havent seen thrown out there.....Mike Ekler....

Mike was encouraged to leave here and by encouraged I mean told he would have a job as season's end.

Would or would not? You mean he would not, right?

I heard he was encouraged to leave because he scared recruits with his high jumping. Just a rumor.

I am all for the potential Mike Stoops hire, but here is a name I havent seen thrown out there.....Mike Ekler....

Mike was encouraged to leave here and by encouraged I mean told he would have a job as season's end.

Seemed popular to me... What would Mike have done that would have left to him being forced out the door? And how do you know?