Bo is Probably Relieved that Carl Is Gone . . .

Why do people feel compelled to wrap everything in soap opera-esque story-line?

How bout this :

Bo hired his brother because Carl's a damn good coach. Carl gets hired away from NU because Carl's a damn good coach, and wants a HC job of his own.

Why can't that be enough for you people?

you-people.jpg

• Fire 1

Why do people feel compelled to wrap everything in soap opera-esque story-line?

How bout this :

Bo hired his brother because Carl's a damn good coach. Carl gets hired away from NU because Carl's a damn good coach, and wants a HC job of his own.

Why can't that be enough for you people?

you-people.jpg

original.gif

I am sure that Carl was hoping to get a chance at a Head Coaching spot. Not sure FAU is a great move, but he must think it is time for him to take a shot, and to try to climb the ladder. I wish him the best and hope more doors open for him in his future.

GBR!

I actually think it might be a pretty good move. If they are really bad (I have no idea about them) then realistically, no one will expect a huge turnaround, so that pressure is not overly intense. But if he can make them show substantial improvement and possibly be competetive, his stock will take a dramatic leap.

By the way, where is FAU located?

FAU is in Boca Raton, and they just started their football program in 2001.

It is a small program and it maybe challenging to get recruits, but if he has success he will get better opportunities at other programs. If they didn't have a down year on defense this season I think he would have had a better shot at a better program.

I don't think it's a bad move at all. I know, I know, FAU is considered a team you put on your schedule for an easy win. Well, there used to be alot of teams like that.

Utah until Meyer got there.

Houston, but not now with Sumlin

Ball State and SDSU, unless Brady Hoke was coaching them

Kansas State unless B.S. is coaching

etc, etc.

A coach can really help smaller programs and can make a name for themselves pretty quickly. They are in weak conferences but still an FBS school that can get alot of attention if they put together a run like Houston is having this year. And what is happening with Houston b/c of this year?

Well, their HC Sumlin is being looked at by alot of programs and it's really looking like he will be the next aTm coach. From Houston to aTm!!! That's crazy, and don't think he'd have been looked at if Houston wasn't having the season they are. It's that one big season where you are getting alot of attention just like Hawkins and Peterson at Boise, Meyer at Utah, Golden at Temple.

So where would you rather recruit and coach?? I would say the state of Florida would be a great place to start. Hell, you hardly have to travel to recruit and for a small program that's big so they can put more money in other areas to help the football program.