***The Official Husker Board Heisman Trophy***

ZRod

Husker Board Heisman Trophy  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So with the final games in the book before the Heisman presentation I thought it would be interesting to see what Husker Board thinks about who should get the Heisman and your opinions about why they deserve the award. I know Nuance just made a similar thread about who will win it, but lets make this thread about who Husker Board nominates for its own Heisman.

Here’s the deal, I cheated a little bit and stole most of these guys and their stats from ESPN (so sue me, it’s a good starting point). But if you think someone should be on here that's not on the list, and it's reasonable, I'll try to add them. If there are too many add on’s or the votes are too spread out I’ll take the top 3 or 5 and we can have a run off with those. Have a look at the stats and remember that they don’t always tell the whole story, but feel free to vote however you see fit.

The List: Montee Ball, Matt Barkley, Robert Griffin III, Case Keenum, Luke Kuechly, Andrew Luck, Tyrann Mathieu, Kellen Moore, Trent Richardson, and Brandon Weeden

Stats to follow…

I believe these are the most recent stats after the final games of the regular season and Conference Championships, if there’s an error let me know and I’ll correct it.

Montee Ball, RB (JR, Wisconsin)

ballwn.jpg

Matt Barkley, QB (JR, USC)

barkley.jpg

Robert Griffin III, QB (JR, Baylor)

rgiii.jpg

Case Keenum, QB (SR, Houston)

keenum.jpg

Luke Kuechly, LB (JR, Boston College)

kuechly.jpg

Andrew Luck, QB (SR, Stanford)

lucku.jpg

Tyrann Mathieu CB (SO, LSU)

mathieuc.jpg

Kellen Moore QB (SR, Boise State)

moorel.jpg

Trent Richarson RB (JR, Alabama)

richardsonr.jpg

Brandon Weeden QB (SR, Oklahoma State)

weeden.jpg

sorry about the quality of some of these had to save them as images because I couldn't get them to format properly.

Could flip a coin between Ball and RGIII. Kellen Moore has the "body of work" thing going for him, too.

After compiling the stats and looking at them, that's pretty much how I feel about it. Ball and RGIII are both very, very deserving. I find myself leaning towards Ball because he is so close to Sanders' record but then on the other hand where would Baylor be with out RGIII, not to mention he's touched the ball in almost every way possible on offense.

I went with RG3. Voters sometimes talk about being the most valuable to the team. Would Wisconsin be the same without Ball? Maybe, but most likely not. I would say that Wilson is more integral to the team than Ball. Would Baylor be the same without RG3? Absolutely not.

Case Keenum was my dark horse candidate, but after the loss to Southern Miss...not so much. His TD:interception before that game was sick.