Another Husker not awarded for his hard work

Apathy

Why in the world would being a JUCO affect David?

Any of that in this thread is simply looking through red goggles. Don't get me wrong, David is an amazing LB. Best NU has seen in years, but not the best LB out there.

Kuechly: 191 tackles (102 solo), 12 TFL, 0 sacks, 3 INTS, 1 TD.

Lavonte: 122 tackles (57 solo), 11 TFL, 3.5 sacks, 2 INT.

The way I look at it is this:

Kuechly's numbers are a product of being on a crappy team (4-8). Their offense ranks near the bottom of the country in just about every category. Therefore, he was on the field a ton.

David was on the field a lot too, but I'd say that without Lavonte David, Nebraska loses 3 or 4 more games. I can't say the same about Kuechly.

191 tackles is redonk though. But if you're only going off stats, Mike Leach's quarterbacks should have won the Heisman just about every year.

While I love to play devils advocate and disagree with you Huskers I think you're right about the Defensive player of the year thing. Just looking at stats David had a better year than Still.

I sympathize, it sucks. I feel the same way about Ball and Richardson.

Badgerfan I actually agree with you that Ball deserves the Heisman over Richardson. Ball has better numbers in a statistically better run defense conference.

While I love to play devils advocate and disagree with you Huskers I think you're right about the Defensive player of the year thing. Just looking at stats David had a better year than Still.

Badgerfan I actually agree with you that Ball deserves the Heisman over Richardson. Ball has better numbers in a statistically better run defense conference.

RG3 should win it over all of them, but it will go to Richardson. My guess is it ends up like this in the votes.

1. Richardson

2. Luck

3. RG3

4. Mathieu

5. Ball

The way I look at it is this:

Kuechly's numbers are a product of being on a crappy team (4-8). Their offense ranks near the bottom of the country in just about every category. Therefore, he was on the field a ton.

David was on the field a lot too, but I'd say that without Lavonte David, Nebraska loses 3 or 4 more games. I can't say the same about Kuechly.

191 tackles is redonk though. But if you're only going off stats, Mike Leach's quarterbacks should have won the Heisman just about every year.

This is very true. Kuechly was all of Boston College's defense, while David had people around to make plays so he didin't have to.

RG3 should win it over all of them, but it will go to Richardson. My guess is it ends up like this in the votes.

1. Richardson

2. Luck

3. RG3

4. Mathieu

5. Ball

I agree. RG3 should win the Heisman, but I don't think he has a chance. If you take RG3 off of Baylor's team and insert either Richardson or Luck, Baylor is a lot less impressive team.