Who remembers this restaurant?

I'd never heard of Don & Millie's before yesterday..My niece that lives in Elkhorn said she went there yesterday and got a Chese Frenchee.

I actually got a Fry Daddy at Wally's Saturday and tried making them..Sorta burned them, but the fries turned out pretty good with the sesame seed oil but I felt like I needed to swallow some sort of waterfowl to soak up some of the grease (see Exxon Valdez).

Does Chi Chi's still exist around East Lincoln (~56th/"O" atreet)???

I remember going there for "two fer" Margaritas and free chips/salsa on Tuesday nights...That and the crabmeat "Cancun" Almost made Ramen noodles endurable the rest of the week.

Pretty sure Chi Chi's is Mazatlan, now.

In late 2003 and 2004, Chi-Chi's was faced with multiple lawsuits due to a food poisoning outbreak (specifically Hepatitis A) among customers who ate at the Beaver Valley Mall location of Chi-Chi's, located approximately 30 miles west of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. At first, the health department could not find any violations that could have caused the outbreak. Eventually, it was believed that the source of the Hepatitis A was linked to green onions. Four people died, and about 660 others were sickened by Chi-Chi's food in fall 2003. The chain has said that it has paid more than $40 million to settle hundreds of lawsuits over the outbreak. Chi-Chi's was forced out of business due to backlash from the food poisonings; however, the grocery foods are still sold under the Chi-Chi's name.

Lee's is still open, but I've never been there. Lived in Stinkin' Lincoln for 23 years. The wife won't go there. Not sure why. Maybe her boyfriend is the chef or something.

Tico's is open, on 17th street. The food is OK, but we're starting to get an influx of actual factual Mexican restaurants run by actual factual Mexicans, and once you've tried that it's hard to go back to a place like Tico's. Tico's chips are still outstanding, though.

D'Leon's is really good, basic, solid food.

El Rancho is at 27th & O, on the NE corner where some sandwich shop used to be (under that dive motel).

La Tapatia is a little Mexican grocer on L Street with a little kitchen in the back. The guy who owns La Tapatia also owns Mazatlan, but I like La Tapatia better.

There's also OSO Burrito, owned by the same guy who owns Marz Bar and YiaYia's, and if you've eaten at any of his restaurants you know you're in for a treat. He knows how to make great food. OSO has the best nachos in Lincoln, bar none.

Chi Chi's restaurant chain went bankrupt in like 2004 or something. They were bought out by Outback, according to the article I googled. I'm not sure where the Chi Chi's on O Street was, but the stretch of O from 48th to 56th has been almost entirely changed in the last ten years.

Chi Chi's was located where Hu-Hot / Panera currently is. I remember hearing stories about that place regularly being cited during inspections...

Cool links too the fantasy O street too knapplc...funny he mentioned WC Franks. Somewhere out there, there are Galaga and Raiden II machines from that place with my retirement in them! Oh and Cool Crest too! Gahh, nostalgia.

Bonus round...

Anyone remember the name of the Philly steak place at the Eastpark Plaza food court?

That's right, I remember ChiChi's being there now. They had pretty good margaritas.... and not much else.

WC Franks was great! There was one in my hometown and I used to play Star Castle and Defender there. Scraped together every penny and nickel I could get ahold of to ride my bike over there and play.

That Fantasy O Street thing was kind of fun. I forget why they didn't do downtown. Probably because it changed SO MUCH.

Speaking of downtown changes reminds me of Miller & Paine. I have their old cinnamon roll recipe. I have made a couple of changes to it, and I've used it to win several cinnamon roll competitions.

That's right, I remember ChiChi's being there now. They had pretty good margaritas.... and not much else.

WC Franks was great! There was one in my hometown and I used to play Star Castle and Defender there. Scraped together every penny and nickel I could get ahold of to ride my bike over there and play.

That Fantasy O Street thing was kind of fun. I forget why they didn't do downtown. Probably because it changed SO MUCH.

Speaking of downtown changes reminds me of Miller & Paine. I have their old cinnamon roll recipe. I have made a couple of changes to it, and I've used it to win several cinnamon roll competitions.

knapplc, I'll happily verify your cinnamon roll prowess upon receipt of one dozen (12) cinnamon rolls.