Major reason why Gingrinch should not be president

With great difficulty I was listening to Chris Christie (a Romnet supporter) on Meet the press this morning, and two of his statements were very disturning:

1) [regarding Romney's tax returns] "People don't want a looser as president, they want someone who has been successful." It sounded to me like the Republican governor of New Jersey was calling middle class people loosers. And his second ugly comment reinforced that.

2) [regarding job creation] "Middle class people want to work at Staples and Sports authority." This sums up the Republican economic argument. the middle class should be content to fight ove $30K jobs.

Hell, most workers at Staples or Sports Authority would love to make $30k Most of the workers there are going to make at best $24k, with many under $20k.

And those statements further reinforce my opinion that the republicans want a two tier system, much like the aristocracy and the serfs of old Europe.

Keep drinking the koolaid!! No one wants anyone in a certain class. The Repulicans want freedom to pursue their dreams. Individualism, ever heard of it? :confucius

You should take your own advise on the koolaid. Just look at the republican views on tax structure. What is a comon theme? No more esate taxes, no more taxes on capital gains, who do you think this supports? Hint: Odds are it isnt someone posting on this board. More and more and more money for the richest of the rich, and cut back on anything for those who arnt as fortunate. They are all about 'freedom' and 'individualism' as long as you have several million in the bank, or are brainwashed enough from religious crap that they keep people convinced to vote against thier own economic interest.

How are the rich holding you back from chasing your dream? They aren't doing anything to me, I am pursuing my dreams and the only one holding me back is BO and his tax and spend attitude. I am not worried about me I will be fine what about my young children who when they are ready to go into the work force will see the debt at appproximately 40 TRILLION dollars!! How are we going to even pay the interest on the debt at that point, tell me that!! You can take all the wealth from the 1% and it won't even make a dent in an amount like that. eyeswear2allthatsholy

• Fire 1

This is part three and the first two parts are just as interesting but didn't have these numbers. If you think the debt is not a concern you need to read this article. These are astronomical numbers and in 20 years these numbers are going to be mindnumbing. :ahhhhhhhh

http://www.libertyjuice.com/2010/09/02/unsustainable-us-debt-projections-part-3/

Exerpt:

In an earlier article, another calculation on the US debt as a home mortgage was presented. If the Congress could stop the debt growth at $15 trillion and borrow all the money at 2% interest rate it would take budget surpluses of 500 billion per year for 50 years straight to pay off the national debt. Remember that the current debt is nearly $1.5 trillion per year so there is nearly a $2 trillion dollar swing needed in the budget of the US government to pay this off.

Now place on top of this the 1.2 trillion dollar State Government debt and the nearly 2 trillion dollar local government debt and the 110 trillion dollar unfunded liabilities of the US government (Social Security, Medicare, and prescription drugs) and the total personal debt of 16 trillion dollars and the result is one gargantuan pile of debt.

Today this totals: 142.7 trillion dollars of debt.

This is part three and the first two parts are just as interesting but didn't have these numbers. If you think the debt is not a concern you need to read this article. These are astronomical numbers and in 20 years these numbers are going to be mindnumbing. :ahhhhhhhh

http://www.libertyju...ections-part-3/

Exerpt:

In an earlier article, another calculation on the US debt as a home mortgage was presented. If the Congress could stop the debt growth at $15 trillion and borrow all the money at 2% interest rate it would take budget surpluses of 500 billion per year for 50 years straight to pay off the national debt. Remember that the current debt is nearly $1.5 trillion per year so there is nearly a $2 trillion dollar swing needed in the budget of the US government to pay this off.

Now place on top of this the 1.2 trillion dollar State Government debt and the nearly 2 trillion dollar local government debt and the 110 trillion dollar unfunded liabilities of the US government (Social Security, Medicare, and prescription drugs) and the total personal debt of 16 trillion dollars and the result is one gargantuan pile of debt.

Liberty Juice! That's awesome.

Anyways. Please substantiate the $110 trillion dollar number. Thanks.

Exerpt:

If you don't agree with the numbers show me something that refutes them. I would love to know there is a rosier scenario but I don't see it. If you want to you may substantiate it, it is jsut an article but with the baby boomers retiring I would lean towards believing those numbers. :thumbs

Exerpt:

You cant pay off the "national debt" first of all. That's not how this money system works. To do so would cause huge amounts of deflation and cause large global economic problems as treasury bonds went away. Debt is money.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2011/10/21/141510617/what-if-we-paid-off-the-debt-the-secret-government-report

Exerpt:

If you don't agree with the numbers show me something that refutes them. I would love to know there is a rosier scenario but I don't see it. If you want to you may substantiate it, it is jsut an article but with the baby boomers retiring I would lean towards believing those numbers. :thumbs

The unfunded liabilities of medicare and social security are not $110 trillion. They are roughly 43 cents. If you don't agree with those numbers show me something that refutes them.

This whole make a ridiculous argument and then "say prove me wrong" business is awesome and easy. I don't know why anyone would bother backing up what they are saying when they can just have someone else do the work for them.

If you think the debt is not a concern you need to read this article.

Out of curiosity, who thinks the national debt is not a concern?

Bob Beckel for one. There are many, one on this site said to just print the money, I don't remember the member. Do you really believe every single American is concerned about the debt? :confucius

Never heard of Bob Beckel. I don't believe Every Single American does anything except breathe and die.

The unfunded liabilities of medicare and social security are not $110 trillion. They are roughly 43 cents. If you don't agree with those numbers show me something that refutes them.

This whole make a ridiculous argument and then "say prove me wrong" business is awesome and easy. I don't know why anyone would bother backing up what they are saying when they can just have someone else do the work for them.

Carlfence--this is exactly how Glenn Beck proposed his viewers/readers respond to attacks on their position in one of his books some time ago, with the idea being that you'll tire out the liberal you're debating and then prove yourself the winner by the abandonment of the debate by the liberal.

Again, we're dealing with a class of people that choose affirmation over information. They need affirmation they're right by you getting tired of proving them wrong.

Carlfence--this is exactly how Glenn Beck proposed his viewers/readers respond to attacks on their position in one of his books some time ago, with the idea being that you'll tire out the liberal you're debating and then prove yourself the winner by the abandonment of the debate by the liberal.

Again, we're dealing with a class of people that choose affirmation over information. They need affirmation they're right by you getting tired of proving them wrong.

That is bizarre. But it makes a lot of sense considering some of the rhetoric I've seen over the past few months. Interesting.

Yikes.

So the strategy is to convince the liberal (ugh!) that arguing with this person is about as productive as arguing with your dog? I guess when that nasty liberal walks away at least that red-bludded 'murcan doesn't have to hear those offensive other viewpoints.