Yeah, what's so awesome about it? Being serious I'm lazy and don't want to look it up. I have a Galaxy S right now. Probably won't be getting a new phone for another year but I'm intrigued by the newest android phones, are they really as fast as they say? And has it froze up on you yet, I love my Galaxy S, but it always seems to spaz out every now and then.

Yeah, what's so awesome about it? Being serious I'm lazy and don't want to look it up. I have a Galaxy S right now. Probably won't be getting a new phone for another year but I'm intrigued by the newest android phones, are they really as fast as they say? And has it froze up on you yet, I love my Galaxy S, but it always seems to spaz out every now and then.

I have had zero freezing *knocks on wood.* It is really fast, the screen is amazing, one of the main reasons I got the phone was because of the ability to take panoramic photos, it is a really cool feature. When I am connected to 4G (any time I am not at work) the speeds are blazing. The slightly larger screen makes watching videos quite the experience. I switched from the HTC Thunderbolt, and I am not looking back at all.

I have had zero freezing *knocks on wood.* It is really fast, the screen is amazing, one of the main reasons I got the phone was because of the ability to take panoramic photos, it is a really cool feature. When I am connected to 4G (any time I am not at work) the speeds are blazing. The slightly larger screen makes watching videos quite the experience. I switched from the HTC Thunderbolt, and I am not looking back at all.

i have an incredible. i'm a big droid fan and have an ineffable affinity for htc, but my tv is samsung and i have been very happy with it. what i am asking is you would recommend it over an htc and it is still the droid operating system? is it easy to make the switch?

i have an incredible. i'm a big droid fan and have an ineffable affinity for htc, but my tv is samsung and i have been very happy with it. what i am asking is you would recommend it over an htc and it is still the droid operating system? is it easy to make the switch?

I would recommend it for sure, I switched over from a HTC Thunderbolt, million times better. It is still Android, just the newest version, which is 4.0 "Ice Cream Sandwich." I believe you are probably on 2.3 Gingerbread? 4.0 is incredibly smoother and user friendly. The OS is also a lot sleeker (easier on the eyes, IMHO). I would recommend this over HTC anyday, because Samsung makes quality phones. Another thing to think about, this phone is the closest thing your going to get to "pure android" on the Verizon network, what I mean is no bloatware or meaningless apps (There are two VZW apps, but they can be uninstalled, your not stuck with them like before). Also consider the 14 day return policy, if you don't like it you can always switch back to your HTC before then, no harm, no foul.

I would recommend it for sure, I switched over from a HTC Thunderbolt, million times better. It is still Android, just the newest version, which is 4.0 "Ice Cream Sandwich." I believe you are probably on 2.3 Gingerbread? 4.0 is incredibly smoother and user friendly. The OS is also a lot sleeker (easier on the eyes, IMHO). I would recommend this over HTC anyday, because Samsung makes quality phones. Another thing to think about, this phone is the closest thing your going to get to "pure android" on the Verizon network, what I mean is no bloatware or meaningless apps (There are two VZW apps, but they can be uninstalled, your not stuck with them like before). Also consider the 14 day return policy, if you don't like it you can always switch back to your HTC before then, no harm, no foul.

not having bloatware is alone worth the switch. i hate how many preloaded apps my phone has just wasting storage. it is incredibly stupid. verizon installs a pay-for-subscription based gps, when google maps and navigator are for free and as good as gps can get. i might have to look into getting one for xmas.

not having bloatware is alone worth the switch. i hate how many preloaded apps my phone has just wasting storage. it is incredibly stupid. verizon installs a pay-for-subscription based gps, when google maps and navigator are for free and as good as gps can get. i might have to look into getting one for xmas.

That was one of the main things I hated with Verizon and their android line up, I was always so envious of other carriers android handsets, because they never had all the crapware...I suppose my patience paid off. If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

Speaking of GPS, how is that? I know on my S it takes sometime to find you, and if you're too far indoors or it just doesn't feel like it, it won't locate you at all. Every other time I tried to use Bing to look up movies (which was awesome before it updated earlier this year, now it's crap) it thought I was in lower Manhattan in New York City.

Speaking of GPS, how is that? I know on my S it takes sometime to find you, and if you're too far indoors or it just doesn't feel like it, it won't locate you at all. Every other time I tried to use Bing to look up movies (which was awesome before it updated earlier this year, now it's crap) it thought I was in lower Manhattan in New York City.

I haven't used the navigation a lot, but from when I have, zero problems. The only bad thing I have noticed about this phone is there is no SD slot...but with the 32gb on board storage, it is not really needed

I'm probably going to go back to the Android phones because there's things that Androids can do that iPhone won't let you do.

I played with the Motorola Razr and Samsung Nexus today at the Verizon store. The Razr though a lot thinner felt like a stronger phone than the Nexus but I don't know if I liked that thinnest feel.

The only thing that I don't like about the Nexus is no SD slot and the video quality is good but there's a wave motion while record. Seriously watch some Nexus videos on YouTube and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Hopefully they fix that because I like the Razr and Nexus.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the Nexus last Friday December 30th and I will be returning it and will be picking up the Droid Razr. Here are the problems that I received with my Nexus:

- It's rebooted on me twice, I've lost 3G while trying to make a call in my house where I always have a great 3G signal, the external speaker is too soft and even though I downloaded Volume+ it helps but the sound is distorted, camera is worthless, reception is worse, battery is good when not in use and I never use 4G because I know it drains the battery. If you take away ICS its just a basic smartphone and nothing special.

I could really careless about early updates from Google/Verizon as long as the phone works. I could careless about bootloading or rooting my phone in order for it to work properly. I jailbroke my iPhone 4 and that gave me numerous problems and I don't want to do the same thing with my Android phone. The main things that I'm looking for in a phone are the external speaker being loud (I'm deaf in my left ear), amazing noise cancellation, good camera, and battery life.

Also just FYI the Droid Razr was rated the #1 tech winner from CNet.com over the iPhone 4s and the Nexus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm06BfIfzPc

• Fire 1