Military given go-ahead to detain US terrorist suspects without trial

This "firebagger" believes that Obama was wrong not to veto this.

he actually said he was going to veto it and then didn't, that's why the ACLU and others didn't have a huge stink raised.

Edit: and lol at you people being sidetracked by left wing wackos and right wing nutjobs. Just purely using common sense, how can you make this into a partisan issue? It pisses on the bill of rights. American citizens shouldn't ever be allowed to be held indefinitely without trial.

I agree.

Agree. This is a complete violation and threatens are Constitutional/Bill of Rights. It's scary and sickening at the same time. Anyone else been hearing that there is an impeachment bill going through the Senate this week for Obama!? I am trying to confirm that this is in fact true....

"It's all one big FU#$IN club....and you ain't in it!" -George Carlin

We are going to see the same ole corporate lobbying, private interests propaganda bullsh#$ that we've been seeing for decades...the only man that would even put a thorn into these global elitists sides would be Ron Paul. Period. If you do your homework, and connect a few dots...and currently look at the controlled media, caucus voting, and county convention voting you'll see the corrupt BS that is going on. Well over 3 states are being contested for voter fraud against Ron Paul...Iowa, Nevada, and Maine. (Visually, look at his support during rallies, how in the hell does this man not do well in the caucuses!?? It mind boggles me.) Right now, delegate voting is becoming a joke considering they are creating new policies weeks before the county conventions, ie Iowa and Oklahoma. I am a legislative delegate in district 20 in Omaha, Ne. I can't wait for the BS they are going to try and pull here in NE. It's obvious the establishment doesn't want Ronnie to win.....BECAUSE HE IS A THREAT. The stage has been set, the plan is in place, and the voting is rigged. Ron won't win....but his message has flourished and will live on. We are getting to a breaking point in America...an economic and legislative choke hold has been placed on the American people's necks for years, and it is quickly speeding up (with new NDAA provisions, authorization of drones, etc.) We are becoming the police state that I've feared since 2006....

A little political comedic knowledge bomb for us all provided by David Cross

• 1 month later...

And . . . ouch.

And this was a key issue in the 2008 election. You may remember the debate in which Obama pledged that he would launch a unilateral attack within Pakistan if necessary to get the mass murdering religious fanatic. McCain cited this as evidence of Obama's insufficient experience in foreign policy and general jejuneness. So this was a hugely successful policy opposed by McCain, opposed by Bush and opposed by Romney. No wonder they're so upset at reality. It's the same reaction they have when it becomes clear that Osama bin Laden was captured and killed by a president smart enough not to deploy torture, years after a bunch of thugs took over US intelligence on the orders of the panicked incompetent, Dick Cheney.

http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/2012/05/the-bin-laden-freakout.html

And . . . ouch.

Yeah Sullivan's tortured justifications are usually a painful read.

I'm just glad that the President hasn't succumbed to the same nonsense that Hillary Clinton succumbed to during her bid for office...

Oh wait...

And . . . ouch.

And this was a key issue in the 2008 election. You may remember the debate in which Obama pledged that he would launch a unilateral attack within Pakistan if necessary to get the mass murdering religious fanatic. McCain cited this as evidence of Obama's insufficient experience in foreign policy and general jejuneness. So this was a hugely successful policy opposed by McCain, opposed by Bush and opposed by Romney. No wonder they're so upset at reality. It's the same reaction they have when it becomes clear that Osama bin Laden was captured and killed by a president smart enough not to deploy torture, years after a bunch of thugs took over US intelligence on the orders of the panicked incompetent, Dick Cheney.

http://andrewsulliva...n-freakout.html

oBUMa did the right thing and got UBL that is a feather in his cap for sure. Get over it now, that isn't going to straighten out our economy last time I checked. And whoever wrote that article is the incompetent one, Dick Cheney was a good VP. And VPs don't make policy anyway just ask Biden how much he has done!! :rolleyes:

Dick Cheney was a good VP.

Oh goodness. War criminal, sure. Good VP? No.

Yeah right the far left hyperbole is out in force. If he is a war criminal then oBUMa is guilty of aiding and abetting and should be held accountable also for not prosecuting him. oBUMa is a war criminal for all the drone killings and all the innocent women and children he has killed with those drones ( can you say collateral damage). :ahhhhhhhh

Yeah right the far left hyperbole is out in force. If he is a war criminal then oBUMa is guilty of aiding and abetting and should be held accountable also for not prosecuting him. oBUMa is a war criminal for all the drone killings and all the innocent women and children he has killed with those drones ( can you say collateral damage). :ahhhhhhhh

RE: the bold. How so? Lack of prosecution doesn't = aiding and abetting. I'm sure that you knew that.

Apparently intentionally torturing prisoners is < or = to collateral damage.

For what it's worth, Cheney himself fears being tried as a war criminal. http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/powell-chief-staff-col-larry-wilkerson-cheney-fears/story?id=14414226#.T6AzDp9YuoY

RE: the bold. How so? Lack of prosecution doesn't = aiding and abetting. I'm sure that you knew that.

Apparently intentionally torturing prisoners is < or = to collateral damage.

Is he not harboring him from the world and not giving him to the UN for prosecution, what do you call that? Last I checked those so called tortured prisoners lived. I guess you would rather have your loved one become collateral damage than tortured and live, smart thinking guy!!

It proves either oBUMa doesn't have any evidence or is helping Cheney you only have two options Carly!! :wasted

Is he not harboring him from the world and not giving him to the UN for prosecution, what do you call that? Last I checked those so called tortured prisoners lived. I guess you would rather have your loved one become collateral damage than tortured and live, smart thinking guy!!

It's apparent that you don't know what aiding and abetting means.

It's equally apparent that you don't know the difference between intentional and unintentional actions.

Oh, well. C'est la vie.